Borage

In the language of flowers: Borage means "Bravery"

When news about what was happening came to Pops, he was mad. In the few months he has met you; he felt nothing but admiration for putting up with one of his oldest sons. He was skeptical when Marco mentioned a girl from the territory crossroads, if he was honest. He never expected this tiny florist to swoop him off his feet (and the whole family's feet, for that matter).

At least everyone that was affiliated with his children grew up with the horrors and perks of the criminal underworld. Koala and Miss Boa were clearly no exception to this. Boa Hancock being feared by the big heads as a corporate snake and Koala was the most innocent but not so much outta all of them.

When Thatch gave him the news that Gecko Moria was behind all the trouble: he frowned. That group was full of bad apples and he knew it. One thing was drugs, but human organ trafficking,dark web live dismemberment sessions and unfiltered necrophilia tickets in the morgues? Disgusting.

"Thatch, tell everyone to meet up at the Inn close to Thriller Bark. We'll fix this up. Also; tell Luffy to call Sanji and Robin. I'll get Shanks." Edward barked through the phone receiver. Relaying the orders he gave to everyone at the cabin and stopped for a moment. He needed to speak with the poor girl before he did something.

"And one more thing: give (Y/N) the phone. I have a few things to settle and I need to speak with her."

~*~

"(Y/N)! Pops wants to talk to you. Alone." Thatch said as he gave you the phone and ushered everyone out of the room.

"H-Hello?"

"Hey there, Lass. How are you holding up?"

"I could be better..."you whispered, lower lip trembling. "I'm a little scared."

"Completely normal. You're not used to this scenario. However: I  need a favor. Do you have any type of useful information regarding that sack of junk?"

"I think I do. I don't think it would work out well."

"Let's give it a try." You heard Newgate say and you sighed in relief.

~*~

7 years ago...

"H-hey, (Y/N)! Are you b-b-busy today?"

"Yeah, I have to work in a project. Why?"

"Oh! I'll help you out!"

Those were the things you heard from the man known as Gecko Moria say as you both walked to the campus library at 7PM. You already let Smoker know that you were going to take a little bit in the library and Zoro said goodbye to with a kiss on the lips and a "Call me if anything happens."

Once you both went to the library: you started to get to work.

"I'll look for the articles. You look for a spot?" You chimed, getting a quick nod from the man and scampered off. You had a weird feeling bubbling in the pit of your stomach.

"Hey, Moria? Did you get the seat?"  You whispered and saw him slumped against the table, pool of drool around him. You thought as you poked him in hopes to wake him up. His initial reaction was to push you away harshly, demeanor changed completely. You felt fear overtake you for a moment before trying to get up and go. But his grip found your wrist quick and pulled you against him.