Hogsmeade

A MONTH HAS PASSED, and Jamie has already grown tired of school, which is saying something because he definitely would rather be here than at the Manor. Now approaching late October, the Slytherin was just ready for a long nap, which he never seems to be able to get. The longer his father is walking free, hiding in plain sight, more people are growing 'scared' of Jamie, they whisper as he walks past, he pretends not to hear.

"I bet he knows where his father is."

"Don't get too close to him! I heard crazy is a family thing."

"I bet he turns out like his father."

"It's sad, really, I feel so bad for him. He must be so conflicted."

"First Hogsmeade weekend is almost here!" Pansy Parkinson practically sang as she checked the bulletin board, brushing back some of her short, dark brown hair and clinging onto Draco's arm, blinking up at him with a dazed smile. Jamie rolled his eyes at the sight, he really shouldn't be so irritated with the girl who fawned over his cousin so much, he just found it weird how she'd trail after him like a lost puppy when he clearly didn't show any interest.

He knows it's wrong to dislike her. She's just a girl who had a crush, she's just a girl with high hopes, she's just a girl who is only setting herself up for heartbreak. She's just a girl. With that thought he almost pitied her. Almost. Maybe he just didn't like her because he was jealous of how easily she could find someone who she is already committed to, of course he probably wouldn't accept a girlfriend, he wouldn't even accept a simple friend, little less an romantic partner.

"We should go together, don't you think so?" Pansy continued, wide eyes pleading and lips pouted.

"I. . ." Draco trailed off, looking to Jamie for conformation, he knew Jamie did not like her, and if the older boy said no, then so would he. He trusted Jamie.

Jamie was tempted to shake his is head, but then again, this was Draco's life, if he wanted to have fun, then whose to say he shouldn't just because he happened to not like Draco's friend. He nodded his head.

"Yeah, definitely." Draco told her.

Pansy let out a squeal of excitement and Goyle, who was sitting next to Jamie on the couch, let out a quite sigh of disappointment. "I hate it when she does that," he said, rubbing his ear. "She's been doing that since she was five."

When time came for the trip it was dark and cloudy, and Jamie had half a mind to stay in bed, buried under layers of covers, safe from outside view. The cold wind would definitely chill his bones, and his toes would most likely go numb, and he would be walking around lots of other eager students with their lot, laughing and talking excitedly as they passed from shop to shop.

But he really wanted chocolate and he was tired of asking Professor Lupin for some. It was odd, the amount of chocolate Professor Lupin had stashed away, it didn't make any sense as to why someone would possibly have that much chocolate, but Jamie only gave Lupin a weird look and didn't say anything outloud. He hated asking for things, but there was a couple times the dementors got too close for comfort and Jamie was left shivering on the floor, huddling in on himself as he tried to shake off the overall feeling of depression. Lupin had always been the one to find him after these mini attacks, inviting him to his office for a cup of tea and some chocolate, and now Jamie is convinced that the Professor had asked the paintings to inform him if anything bad happened to him.

So, even if his father was on the lose, and dementors were lurking about, keeping an awfully close eye on him, he still thinks chocolate is worth the risk of death.