Blue Rose

Sirius Black did not seem like the type of man to buy a cozy cottage with peach colored walls and a garden full of brightly colored flowers out in the countryside. But apparently that was the exact type of man he was.

They had to floo to the cottage from the train station and the second they appeared in the living room, Sirius had made them cover their eyes so they could all witness the sight at the same time. Draco had cursed him under his breath, making Lupin laugh and very much confuse Sirius because Lupin would not elaborate on exactly why he couldn't breath after Draco called him a few choice words.

The living room had white furniture that circled the fireplace. The floors were a warm brown that glowed golden when light seeped past the translucent curtains on the glass panels. The glass panels over looked the backyard, giving perfect view of the garden that was dotted in every color imaginable, just past the garden tall trees grew thick, eerily matching the forbidden forest.

They each had their own rooms. Draco chose his first. All the rooms were about the same size, although Draco's room had less clutter, so it looked more spacious. The walls were beige with a bright white trim, even the bed sheets were white. There was a single closet and a bedside table. He had a window that overlooked the hilly fields.

Harry chose next, after a brief argument with Jamie. Harry's room was painted a soft blue with the same white trim as the rest of the cottage. Oil paintings of different flowers were hung at random, a water lily oil painting hung above the bed. It was a magic painting, which meant it would burst to life, twirling around in wind, its dull hues contrasting the bright red background. There were several empty shelves nailed to the walls next to his bed. The bed was placed right next to the window, its white and blue sheets mimicking that of waves. He also had a closet, bedside table, and a dresser.

That left Jamie the room between the two boys. The walls were the same peach color as the living room. His bed was pressed against two corners of the room, facing the door; a window rested next to his bed, it even had a window seat that overlooked the lush garden. He placed his trunk at the foot of his bed and unpacked what clothes he had into either his dresser or closet. Most of his clothes, along with the rest of his stuff, was at the Malfoy Manor, same with Draco.

He was not too worried about getting it back. He did not need anything Lucius had given him.

Sirius gave them a tour of the rest house after they placed their trunks up. He walked three steps ahead, arms outstretched and waving madly as he grinned a toothy smile at the three. He was really proud of his cottage. "We have two bathrooms. One is mine; which means no one is allowed in. Under any circumstances. Are we clear?"

"But what if you're dying?" Draco asked.

"Yeah." Harry nodded, fighting back a smile. "What if you got hurt but we are not allowed in."

Jamie shrugged. "It was nice knowing him."

Sirius simply deadpanned at the three boys, who just snickered.

"Okay, okay. You got me." Sirius held up his hands, smiling again. "I guess you can use my bathroom."

"Our bathroom." Draco corrected smoothly.

Lupin appeared at that moment, holding a tray of steaming cups of tea. Jamie accepted his with a nod of thanks and dropped in two sugar cubes.

"Forward!" Sirius cheered after accepting his own cup of tea and placing a handful of sugar into his. "Onto the patio!"

The fresh mountain air hit Jamie like a bag of bricks. Or maybe it was the flower pollen. Whatever it was, it knocked the breath out of him as he overlooked the beautiful scenery. Harry was at his side, practically buzzing with excitement.