A Hospital Visit

He was out of breath when he reached the Hospital Wing once more. He paused to take a deep breath, straightening his back and righting himself to appear more composed. After running a hand through his tangeld hair he figured he looked presentable enough and pushed open the doors.

He froze in his tracks when the entire Gryffindor team turned, their worried eyes now narrowed with suspicion at the sight of him. They were all crowded around a bed, Harry's bed he knew, although Jamie could not see the boy because of how surrounded he was by his fellow peers.

"Jamie!" Hermione croaked, eyes bloodshot. She leaned past a mud covered Fred to wave him over.

Slowly he made his way over, making sure to keep a safe distance between any of the Gryffindor team. They were not only drenched, but coated in mud from head to toe.

"How is he?" Jamie asked, observing Harry's lean and bruised body, he was unconscious and unlike the others he was dry and completely mud free (probably Madam Pomfrey's doing).

"Madam Pomfrey said he should be fine." She sniffed, trying to keep the tears at bay. "That was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life."

Jamie hesitantly rested a hand on her damp shoulder. She looked as if she went for a dip in the black lake. She spared a small smile in his direction, and then suddenly threw her arms around his middle, burrowing her face in his chest. His shoulders tensed but she didn't seem to notice and tightened her grip around him, she was shaking from both the cold and in sadness. He didn't know what to do and immediately looked to Ron, eyes begging for the redhead to do something, but Ron just mouthed the words 'hug her back'. Jamie put his arms around her shoulders and gave a small squeeze, trying his best to ignore how his clothes were starting to get soaked as well.

"He's lucky the ground was so soft." Fred hummed, he had a smile on his face as if trying to reassure everyone that everything was going to be fine but his chocolate brown eyes betrayed him, showing how truly terrified he was for Harry's safety.

"I thought he was dead for sure."

"But he didn't even break his glasses." George pointed out, Lee shrugged.

"You have a point."

Harry's eyes opened then and everyone immediately shushed. Over a dozen eyes were glued to Harry, staring at him as if he was a ghost. In the silence Jamie noticed they were the only ones in the Hospital Wing, the three other students who were previously resting were gone. The fresh smell of mud overpowered the usual clean smell he was starting to get sick of.

"Harry!" Fred was the first to speak. "How are you feeling?"

Harry's eyebrows furrowed as he looked over the group. He seemed almost lost. With a grunt he pushed himself up into a sitting position, many people gasped and Hermione pulled herself away from Jamie to migrate back to Harry's side, she grabbed a pillow from another bed and rested it behind Harry, trying to make him feel more comfortable. "What happened?" He asked.

Ron slide to Jamie's side, his lips twisted up into a side smirk. "You care about us."

"You wish, Weasley." Jamie denied, raising a brow and looking down at the freckled face that was observing him. Ron, just like Hermione, was soaked and shaking from the cold breeze.

Ron just smiled before turning back to Harry, the tips of his ears a bright red.

Jamie shifted on his feet, suddenly realizing how much he really does care for these kids. It was stupid, he thought, and made him slightly angry at himself.

"You fell off. Must've been - what - fifty feet?" Answered Fred, still looking paler than usual.

"We thought you'd die." Said Alicia. Hermione let out a squeak.