boggart class

[T

[T.W. There is a brief mentions of past abuse towards the end of the chapter.]

  ➸➸➸

Jamie had been right, like usual, it was Hagrid the trio should worry about. Madam Pomfrey is a miracle worker, grew half of Harry's bones back in his second year, but leave it to Draco to milk out his injury.

For the first couple days all he would do was moan in pain, even if Pomfrey healed his wound he wouldn't stop complaining until she wrapped up his arm and gave him a sling. He even refused to go to class, saying the pain was too much but Jamie knew the boy was trying to be suspenseful. It was Jamie who was forced to spend all his free time after classes with the young Malfoy, giving him mini lessons and helping with school work.

He knew Malfoy was putting on a show. Because Buckbeat hurt more than Dracos arm.

He hurt the boy's ego.

It was Thursday when Jamie was freed from practically babysitting Draco. Apparently Draco decided if he showcased his bandaged arm resting in the pure white sling that he'd get more attention. Which he wasn't completely wrong.

Jamie had to attend Muggle studies first thing, which Lucius did not know he took, then he found himself wondering the halls absentmindedly, he was surprised at how much free time he had, but he supposes he has Dumbledore to thank for that.

As he turned the corner he collided into a body and stumbled backwards a few steps. His mouth opened, fully prepared to give the person an earful about how they should be more aware of their surroundings until he saw that the person was Professor Lupin.

He immediately bit down on his tongue, too roughly apparently, because the next second his mouth his filled with a metallic tast of his own blood.

"I'm sorry, Professor." He muttered through gritted teeth, trying his best not to glare at the teacher.

Lupin looked better than he had on the train, he looked like he had a few good meals and is fully refreshed. But his robes were still shabby.

"No harm done." The Professor grinned. "I was just looking for you, Dumbledore said you'd be free."

Jamie openly scowled at that but Lupin didn't seem to notice, or he did but decided not to call him out.

"I was hopping you would attend my class today and lend a helping hand. I was told this class. . Would be a challenge and that's why Dumbledore suggested you." Lupin smiled warmly but Jamie's scowl didn't waver.

That's why Dumbledore gave him so much free time, so he could run around helping the new teachers. First Hagrid now Lupin.

He didn't want to be seen as a teacher's pet. Or soft. Why does he have to be stuck with the newbies? Why does he have to help with the younger kids? Why not a perfect, maybe head boy, Percy would absolutely love this job.