darkness of the dementors

➸➸➸

➸➸➸

Much to Jamie's dismay the trio didn't leave his compartment and instead got into the topic of Hogsmeade. Hermione was listing off the historical sites she read in Sites of Historical Sorcery. While Ron wouldn't shut up about Honeydukes, raving over the different sorts of candy and going into detail to tell Harry about what they do and how they taste.

The whole time Jamie tried his best to ignore the two who kept talking over eachother and stared out the window into the countryside. He side glanced at the raven haired boy who was sitting next to him, Harry was looking glumly at his two friends while they talked about how magical the place was.

"Won't it be nice to get out of school for a bit and explore Hogsmeade?" Hermione and Ron finally stopped gushing over the small wizarding town and were staring expectantly at the boy.

"He's not allowed to go." Jamie hummed. It wasn't hard to put two and two together.

"What d'you mean?" Asked Ron.

"He's right. I can't go. The Dursleys didn't sign my permission form, and Fudge wouldn't either." Harry frowned, staring past Jamie to get a glimpse of the passing terrain.

"You're not allowed to come? But — no way — McGonagall or someone will give you permission —"

Harry's hallow laugh cut off Ron's horrified voice.

" — or we can ask Fred and George, they know every secret passage out of the castle —"

"Ron!" Hermione glared before continuing sharply, "I don't think Harry should be sneaking out of school with Black on the loose —"

"Yeah, I expect that's what McGonagall will say when I ask for permission," muttered Harry bitterly.

"What she doesn't know, can't hurt her." Jamie stated. He's never directly talked to Potter or his friends, he tended to avoid every living person but he wanted to offer that piece of advice. Harry sort of reminded him of himself.

Both lost their parents and had to live with their aunts. Both were constantly being chased by trouble. Both had high expectations to reach. Both were supposedly being hunting by a blood thirsty criminal.

He both understood and pitied the boy.

"Yeah, exactly!" Ron agreed. "And if we're with him, Black wouldn't dare —"

"Oh, Ron, don't talk rubbish. Black already murdered a whole bunch of people in the middle of a crowded street. Do you really think he's going to worry about attacking Harry just because we're there?" Snapped Hermione. She turned her attention to the crate next to her.

"Don't let that thing out!" Bellowed Ron, but she didn't listen and let her cat out. The cat sprang out of the crate and onto the redheads knees. "Get out of here!"