dancing in the rain

➸➸➸ 

➸➸➸

Jamie was lounging by the Black Lake, staring up at the cloudy sky wondering if it was actually going to rain or if the sky naturally darkened because of the presence of the dementors. He knows his mood is dampened because of them, so why not the sky?

He wasn't in school uniform, clad in a fitting grey sweatshirt and black slacks, but he did bring his robe so he had something to separate him from the grass underneath. He manged to escape from Draco's worried eyes and is currently trying to enjoy the peace and quiet he hardly got here at Hogwarts.

He loves Draco, he really does, the boy was more than a cousin to him, he was like a brother, really, but he couldn't stand the grey eyes that would stare at him like he was about to break and fall into a million pieces.

If there was one thing he hated was looking weak. 'Never show weakness,' Lucious would say and that was one of the very few things he agreed on with the older male.

Jamie really never caught a break, so when he heard footsteps approaching he wasn't surprised that his short lasting silence has come to an end.

"Hey."

Jamie turned his head to see Harry Potter standing there, hands shoved into his charcoal colored hoodie as he tried to smile but it came off more as awkward than genuine.

"Hi." Jamie said right back, not taking his eyes off the messy-haired boy as if the boy would attack him the second he put his guard down. Of course he knew Harry would never do such a thing.

Harry looked off to the distance, frowning when he saw a few dementor floating around the edge of the forbidden forest, he looked back at Jamie and adjusted his glasses which were starting to slip down the bridge of his nose.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked timidly, once again smiling awkwardly.

Yes, I very much do. Please leave.

"No." Jamie muttered, slightly moving so he made room for Harry on his robe. The Gryffindor immediately relaxed and eagerly laid next to him, the robe wasn't big enough for the two boys so their shoulders ended up being squashed together as they huddled on the piece of clothing.

It was silent for a few minutes as they both just stared up at the sky, Jamie didn't have anything to say so he didn't, and Harry was trying to figure out a way to phrase his question.

"So." Harry spoke.

"So." Jamie repeated, tilting his head to stare at the boy next to him.

"You said that. . . You remembered my parents more then your own?" He finally forced out, he was clearly having trouble wording the subject without sounding too harsh.

"Yeah." The Slytherin sighed, moving to stare back up at the blob of dark grey that happened to be the sky. "Most people theorize your parents stole me from Black because he's an evil deatheater and they were a couple of saints. So I grew up with them, and well, you, but that isn't right."