ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

If I get shit for punching that perverted asshole in the face who was groping me under the table, I might punch someone again

Adding to my aggravation, I didn't get much sleep last night. I was busy thinking about any and everything.

We just got home, and apparently, Darlo will be in his office and wants to talk to me. I mentally prepare myself by taking several deep breaths and then heading up the stairs.

Carlo told me his office is the last door to the right. I am almost there, and let me tell you. I am freaking out.

Maybe I care what he thinks about you? Why would I care? Because he is my family?

Standing in front of the door, I knock three times. My nerves are skyrocketing. I have never been this nervous in my life.

"Come in," he said in a cold voice that is not helping with the nerves.

"Hey, Carlo told me you wanted to see me," I said in a soft tone.

"Yes, please sit down. We have some things to discuss," he said, not wavering in his cold tone. This is extremely new to me. I have never had someone who cared about my well being, and I guess I don't want to mess it up. "What happened this morning wasn't acceptable," he said with a serious face, "If I tell you to do something, you do it."

"Why exactly did you tell me to change my skirt?" I said, "Hmm?" I said, starting to get more aggravated. Like that could be possible.

"It was too short." he paused, thinking, "It is not your fault that there are perverted people everywhere. However, being disrespectful was your fault. You give respect, and you shall receive respect. Got it?"

I thought about it, and he is right. I shouldn't have been disrespectful after he took me in; I was just so aggravated at that moment. "Yes. I didn't get much sleep last night and was aggravated, which I shouldn't have put on you." now time to tell him about the mall. "Also, I punched someone at the mall, and Romeo told me I had to tell you." his face portrayed an emotion I couldn't decipher. "In my defense, he was hitting on me and got too close," I said, hoping to make this any better.

"No need to worry if you had a good reason. Did you break a bone?" he asked in a much lighter tone than he was using earlier.

"Pretty sure I broke his nose," I said, remembering the crack of the bone.

"Good. I'm glad to have you here. The boys might not show it, but they do trust me." he said with a smile.

I think I do trust you.

"Also, you will start school on Thursday, so tomorrow," he said. I was actually glad because I love school, just not the people in it. "I already had someone get you stuff for school. It should be in your room," he said.

I'll give it a try. I might like it. I just might.

I looked up, and we made eye contact. "Thank you for everything," I said, genuinely.