ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟟

"Mother fucker," I rasped out as I opened my eyes

"Mother fucker," I rasped out as I opened my eyes. When my eyes opened, I stared at the ceiling at the bright lights above me and concluded. I'm at a hospital. I tried to remember the events the occurred before this. Bits and pieces came back to me.

I remember the horrible memories that resurfaced in my sleep, unfortunately. I think I threw up. Inhaling and exhaling seemed to be difficult because it caused my chest to tighten. With how I'm feeling, I think I had one of my infamous panic attacks. 

The last time this happened was last year, and I woke up on the bathroom floor after being unconscious for almost a day. I never went to the hospital about it because who the fuck is going to pay them for telling me something I already know? I have the answer to that question, and it is sure as hell, isn't me.

Moving my view to the room, I'm in. I see a bag with my clothes in it, and the room is empty. Slowly I start to stand by lifting myself on my elbows and wiggling my tows, making sure everything works. I sit up fully and throw my legs over the bed. My whole body is sore, and for what? 

I scoot to the edge of the bed and set my feet on the cold, sterile hospital floors. Another reason why I hate hospitals besides the ridiculous pricing is it always fucking cold. The cold floor sent a frenzy of cold chills throughout my body. 

The small amount of movement already exhausted me. Pushing past my physical state, I stand up and stiffly walk over to my clothes, or try to. The IV stopped me. I counted to three and slowly slipped the IV out of my arm. Picking up the plastic bag. I walk towards the sterile bathroom and examine my clothes and see if they are okay. Not throw up smelling. They smelled pretty clean and felt warm.

Did someone wash my clothes for me? Kiss ass. 

I change into my clothes slowly on my stiff body. I made sure to steady myself against the sink. Once I was sure my clothes were on correctly, I find the hair tie in the bag and put my hair into a high ponytail. Looking into the mirror, I couldn't find any better word to describe how I look right now besides shit.

 My lips lost their usual pink color and were temporarily tinted blue. I looked unbelievably pale. My eyes were almost bright red, and if I didn't know any better, I would say I'm stoned. I had under-eye bags that were dark and almost made the illusion that I had a black eye.

I needed some fresh air. I kept on the hospital issued socks on when I changed out of the uncomfortable hospital gown. Sticking my head outside the door of my room, I checked the halls and saw that a burly man was standing at my door. He had a black suit on and a shiny bald head.

Deciding to go for it, I walked right past him. Hoping he didn't see me, I continued to walk, but I hoped wrong.

"Excuse me, miss. The boss wanted to make sure no one enters or exit the room. I need you to go back into the room," the man said, following after me. I pretended I couldn't hear him and continued walking. I heard him rushing after me, but he didn't lay a hand on me in an attempt to take me back to my room. 

He followed after me all the way to the elevator that I spotted. I pressed the button and looked above the elevator seeing that we were on the third floor. The elevator dinged, and the doors opened, letting out a few people.

Walking in, the man follows me into the elevator. He was practically sweating. I couldn't tell if he was nervous or actually winded from the fast-paced walking.

"Miss, the boss, was persistent that you stay in the room," he said urgently. I continued to ignore him because of the stranger danger rule. Who is this boss of his? I don't know and don't care. I pressed the first floor with the star next to it, and the elevator started going down after the doors closed. The man tapped his foot on the tiled elevator floor, gripping onto the railing. 

Is his life mission to get on my nerves?

The doors opened on the first floor, and I saw a nurse station and a busy floor. I noticed the exit sign to my left and walked out of the elevator, navigating my way through the victims of the hospital. I made it to the double doors and walked out of the hospital only to be hit by the cold wind.

I sat on the bench that was placed outside and decided to talk to the man. Only because if he said yes, he would benefit me. Not because I felt kind of bad for being rude.

"You have a cigarette?" I asked the man. I noticed in the elevator he smelled like smoke and cologne. He nodded his head, pulling out a pack and a lighter.

"If I give this to you, don't tell your father," the man said to me, handing me the cigarette. I put it in-between my lips, and he flicks the lighter on, letting the cigarette light. I inhale, reminiscing in the familiar feel of the toxic smoke flooding my senses. 

A while ago, I stopped smoking because I wanted to save my money, but I needed relief.

"So the boss is Darlo?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at the man. "Hmm, interesting," I said, already finding my answer. "Thanks," I said, pulling the cigarette from my lips and exhaling the smoke. He hummed in response, lighting his own cigarette.

"Just don't let me lose my job," He said, sending me a genuine smile. I smiled back in my post nicotine state. We sat there in the chilled wind enjoying the silence and finishing our cigarettes.

I needed the quiet more than I did the fresh air. My head was empty. Nothing, and I enjoyed it. Sitting here was peaceful. The flowers would occasionally sway in the direction the wind would take them. Sending a waft of beautiful smells along with the nicotine from the poison gripped firmly between my lips.

It was peaceful; however, inside, my dark secrets were being told.