ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛

After Rose left the room, all of us sat there, still stunned

After Rose left the room, all of us sat there, still stunned. Dane looked at us like we were fucking crazy. I know why they are stunned. Rose laughed like really laughed. The twins stood there before a big goofy grin broke out on Carlo's face.

"What are you all standing there for. Pick up the glass, and Matteo apologizes," Naomi said, scolding us. We all snapped out of our daze before Matteo looked at me and tilted his head, putting a childish pout on his face.

"I'm sorry dear Lucifer. I will not disturb the beast in his sleep again," Matteo said. I rolled my eyes before nodding my head in acceptance. I walked over to the broken glass and started picking it up. After I cleaned the glass, I got a rag and wiped up the water left in the glass.

Everyone already settled back into their chairs while I did the cleaning. Do I look like a fucking maid? I didn't break the fucking glass; therefore, I shouldn't have to pick it up. There wasn't a movie on; I guess they turned it off.

"How did it go," Noah asked Dane turning towards him. Dane's lips formed into a large smile, one of the biggest I have seen on him.

"We are friends," Dane said, smiling dreamily. He better catches a fucking hint before I rock his shit.

"Hmm, no action?" Cedric asked, referring to one of the scenarios he conjoined up that Dane ended up with a few broken ribs.

"No, she surprisingly understood all things considered, " Dane said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Boo!" Naomi shouted at Dane, throwing a handful of popcorn at him. She's always been one for drama. The door was closed, and all of us were spread across the room.

The door opened, and Rose walked in, Romeo following her. I wonder what he has to say. Romeo is probably the politest out of the family next to Gino.

Rose sat in between Naomi and me and looked at her hands, deep in thought. Hmm, I wonder what goes on in that stubborn head of hers.

"Are you all staying for dinner?" Romeo asked in his usual quiet voice. You might think it's weird that we stay here for days at a time, but my mom is taking her third-night shift this week. Also, we all keep spare changes of clothes at the house when we do stay over.

"Parents are on a family vacation. I have nowhere to be," Matteo said, shrugging his shoulders. Family vacation without him? He's lying, but I seem to be the only one that caught on.

"Dad doesn't care. Per fucking usual," Noah said, the last part under his breath.

"I'm here," Dane said with no explanation. None of us know much about his home life, and he prefers we don't ask.

"Same," Naomi, Carter, and I said at the same time.

"I think I'm skipping dinner tonight," Rose said, getting up urgently. All of us looked at each other with a 'what's she up to' kind of look.

"Yeah, not going to happen. If you have coffee, you have three meals a day. That is my only compromise!" Gino said, popping his head in out of nowhere. He does that quite often if we are totally honest. Sometimes his brothers are a bit irresponsible when it comes to taking care of themselves. Therefore he steps up and reminds them to take care of their fucking body.

I can tell it means a lot to them when Gino ever says something about their health. Having someone care enough to realize you haven't eaten, drank water, or slept is meaningful. I haven't been around Rose enough to assume she doesn't take care of herself, so that I will keep a close eye.

"Fine," Rose said, giving in. Wow, I expected more. Maybe a lecture about how she can do whatever the fuck she wants, but I guess not.

"Okay, then dinner will be done in an hour," Romeo said, looking around the room at us, making sure we knew. His eyes lingered on Naomi a little more than the others. Did Romeo blush, or is this lighting playing tricks on me.

I'll add that to the list of things to keep an eye on. Romeo liking Naomi; I'm only a tiny bit shocked. Naomi is a very likable person. However, Romeo is awkward when it comes to well anything. We all thought he was asexual for a hot minute, but he dated a senior year girl. That just fizzled out.

I looked over at Naomi, and she was blushing also. Okay, now I am sure my eyes aren't playing fucking tricks on me. Feelings are mutual. Lucky bitches.

We sat in the theater until dinner, fighting about what to watch. Ultimately we didn't decide because of all these indecisive fucks. Matteo and Carlo were going at it about what movie is better. It was a fucking mess, per usual. Dinner time rolled around, and we all evacuated the room.

Now we are all sitting around the dinner table. It was like breakfast. Rose was quiet, along with Giani and Cedric. Gavino had his resting bitch face on, which makes him completely unapproachable. Darlo was chatting with all his sons, seemingly avoiding a conversation with Rose. Dane and Carter were muttering a few words here and there.

Naomi was having a one-sided conversation with Rose, but no from the lack of not answering, but the lack of letting her get a word in. I was talking to Noah about school because, believe it or not. I try to have good grades. Matteo was still arguing with the other toddler Carlo. Romeo was staring at Naomi. Unapologetically, but no one noticed.

Soon after we were all done with dinner, we all slowly left the house and went our separate ways. I left second to last after Naomi, who was still talking like crazy. We all got a ride home from the drivers the Giordano's have simply because all of us rode an uber to the party last night. Gino was talking with his twin, but he only answered in occasional grunts and nods.

I don't know what I would do if I had that much money like the Giordano's, maybe donate to a couple of hospitals. That seems out of character because I'm in the mafia and always solve my problems with violence. But to contrary to popular belief, my heart is not made out of ice.

I was dropped off at home by the driver seeing my mom wasn't home like expected. I dug my house keys out of my pocket, unlocking the door, and walking into my lonely house. I changed my clothes into some sweatpants without a shirt after I took my shower.

Deciding I should catch up on the sleep I missed last night, I went to bed around nine o'clock. I laid down, drifting off to sleep with one person who seems to live rent-free in my mind in my dreams.

Rose Giordano

__________________________________

A/N The last few chapters were showing how Rose's relationship with everyone was coming along. Also, to show all of the characters and their personality a little deeper.

Have a happy new year!