ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟞

A/N, this chapter will explain almost everything from the last chapter. It also will have a lot of flashbacks. Make sure you read this because right now, this is your trigger warning: child abuse, mentions of rape and molestation, and suicide. If it is in italics, it is a flashback. It will switch back and forth.

"Marco, sir?" little Rose said with her eyes cast onto the floor

"Marco, sir?" little Rose said with her eyes cast onto the floor. She had been hungry and hadn't eaten for days. Rose wasn't sure if Marco wasn't feeding her on purpose or he forgot about her. Either way, Rose felt weak and could barely stand. Rose felt light-headed, and everything was starting to get blurry.

Little Rose could feel Marco looking at her in disgust. She didn't have to look up to know. All he does is look at her like she is a burden, and slowly she is starting to think the same thing. Rose heard him scoff and stand up from his trashy recliner. His dirty boots stood in her line of sight instead of the creaking floorboards.

"Look at me," Marco ordered the little girl. Rose was too scared to look up at the monster. Maybe if she closed her eyes and prayed, he wouldn't be there. This was her last resort. She felt like she was going to die. Rose could feel her ribs practically poking out of her skin. Rose had always been a small child, but without food, she barely weighed thirty pounds.

Marco crouched down to the pathetic little girl's height and grabbed her face painfully with his rough hand. When her face was pointed towards him, her eyes were shut tightly. Rose meant no disrespect by not looking at the man when he asked. She was just scared. However, Marco felt the disrespect and stood up, letting go of the girl. He raised his hand and backhanded little Rose on her left cheek.

Rose cried out in pain, feeling blood run down her eye from her now split eyebrow. She didn't have the strength or courage to try and run away from the consequences of asking for something she didn't deserve. Marco swung his foot back with his steel-toed boots and kicked her right in the ribs. Little Rose felt silent tears run down her face.

She knew better than to fight. Instead of food, she got more broken bones. Damaging her more than anyone could understand. With every bone Marco took her hope to make it out alive would chip away. Rose had always been a bright little girl, especially when she was at the orphanage. The older girls would let her help with their homework to let Rose learn more.

But when she got taken here, everything fell apart, instead of feeling hopeful that she could be happy. Rose felt small slivers of hope that she would make it another day. Little Rose told herself she wouldn't give up. That no matter what, Marco couldn't break her. That she will make it another day, through the next beating, or the starvation, she was forced to go through.

That no matter how much she wanted to, she would never give up.

Earlier I left without telling anyone. I had changed into some leggings and put a sweatshirt on. The cold was nipping my skin. However, I could care less my feet kept hitting the pavement. When I stepped outside, I went off into a full sprint. I made it past the guards and security and didn't look back.