ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟝

Family meeting? Are they ready to air out their dirty laundry? Fuck, I hope not

Family meeting? Are they ready to air out their dirty laundry? Fuck, I hope not. Last night I got barely any sleep to make sure all the pieces to the puzzle fit. They sure as hell did. The fucking mafia? They didn't even think it would be a good idea to tell me?! I mean, they move me from the only place I have known preaching about this family bullshit while keeping a secret from me that could get me killed? 

During the deep hours of the night, I explored the house, trying to confirm my suspicions. I found about seven guns and twelve knives. Most of them were hidden pretty well, but some not so much. 

I mean, if they would have told me right off the bat, I would have been peachy. Fucking fantastic. I mean, a classic 'Rose we are the most dangerous mob family welcome home' would have been great. Like what the hell were they thinking. I do not stray away from danger. In fact, I strive in it, but how am I supposed to deal with danger if I don't even know if I am fucking in it. 

If this isn't about the mafia, I'm going to come out and say it. I'm going to be a bitch about it too. All of the Giordano's settled in the main living room. Yes, there is more than one living room. Darlo tells me to sit across from him while all of my brothers sit on the same couch as him. It would be laughable seeing all of these macho men squished onto one couch. However, I think everyone can tell I am not in a laughing mood.

Darlo, along with the rest of my brothers, excluding Giani, held solemn expressions. Giani had a smug smirk on his face like he knew what was about to happen. Perhaps he did, but that asshole is fucking bipolar. Darlo opened his mouth, ready to talk before he closed his mouth. He looked like he was thinking really hard. Finally, he situated himself and started talking.

"What we are about to tell you doesn't change anything," Darlo said pausing and then continuing. "We are the same people before and after we tell you this," he takes a deep breath reeling in ready to drop the bomb. I wait and wait for him to spit it the fuck out. 

"We are in the-" Darlo says, about to finish his sentence before I finish it for him.

"the mafia?" I say surprising everyone except for Giani. "More specifically, the Italian mafia. Also you are not in the Italian mafia. You are the Italian mafia," I say leaving the room in pin-drop silence.

"You guys owe me some serious money," I heard Giani whisper loudly. He received a harsh glare from Darlo and the rest of my brother's. 

"How and when did you find out?" Romeo asked looking eager to know the answer. Are we just avoiding the obvious questions I may have? 

"First of all, you guys are absolute shit at hiding it. I mean the tattoo's, private jet, security, blacked-out cars, how Giani basically does a full sweep of every room he enters, " I said, eyeing them all closely. "Second of all last night right before I was about to go to sleep. Oh, and that business dinner was a nice touch. The Russian mafia? I've been in the presence of royalty this whole time!" I said, my sarcasm coming off strong.

"So you aren't bothered?" Gino said skeptically. Biggest understatement of the fucking year.

"Oh, I am bothered, not by the fact that all of you are the mafia, but by the fact that you kept it from me. You thought it would be a good idea to let me go to dinner with strangers who have everything to gain by having me dead!" I see them all look at me, shocked, probably wondering where I know of all this. I called in a favor last night from an acquaintance who gave me some information.

Apparently, the Russians and Italians have been at war for fucking decades. Stealing shit from each other. Fighting for the top. When I say they could gain everything, I mean everything. Darlo accused Zane of knowing the whereabouts of my mother and me. Causing them not to like each other even more. What the fuck were they on, if they thought, bringing me to dinner with them was a good idea.

"Wasn't exactly our decision to make," Gavino said to me. I look at him in disbelief. When the fuck did they start listening to orders?

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you saying you are somebody's bitch. Gavino, do this, do that," I said, my annoyance only getting higher the more all of them talk. I heard the rest of my brother's snicker, but stop when I glare at them also.

"I'm not anyone's bit-" Gavino said, standing up until he was interrupted by Darlo.

"That's enough," Darlo said instantly, making everyone in the room quiet. Including myself because he is looking a little scary right now. "We will discuss if you want any part of this. You are not required to join," He says. I nod, understanding, not seeing the purpose of a verbal answer.

"I apologize for not telling you sooner, and as for dinner, we had everything handle. No one will lay a finger on you. I promise," Too fucking late. That is what I wanted to say. That promise he just made isn't going to be kept for long. Something bad always happens, especially now that I know about their 'activities.'

"Rose and Gavino apologize to each other. Now," Me and Gavino look at him like he is fucking crazy. I don't need to apologize because, frankly, I did nothing wrong. He basically called himself someone's bitch, and I just clarified. After receiving a stern glare from Darlo, both of us looked at each other. He looks at me, expectedly for me to go first. I don't open my mouth to utter an apology until he does.

"I'm sorry for getting angry," Gavino mutters under his breath. I am still kind of upset, so I choose to pick the best of both worlds.

"I accept your apology. I am sorry I said you were someone's obedient bitch who does everything they say," I said seriously. If possible, Gavino looks even angrier. I stand up and walk out of the room. After I exit the room, I hear my brothers laughing at Gavino. Fuck I feel kind of bad. However, he caught me at a bad time.

I walk up the stairs and head towards my room. Walking into the room, I see that my window is slightly opened. The wind was blowing the curtains everywhere. Something about this didn't feel right. The room was eery like a haunting spirit walked into the room. I walk over to the window and close it, locking it also.

I turned back around to find an envelope with a black rose set on top of it on my bed. My heart picks up, and panic runs through my body, although I tell myself not to react. I walk over to my bed slowly as if anything can attack me in this empty room. 

The flower was so daunting the petals were so beautiful in a lethal sense. I pick up the rose before dropping it quickly after I stuck myself with one of the thorns. The blood from my finger drips onto the envelope, the dark color splattering across the stark white paper. I grab the envelope. My blood is long forgotten. 

A seal was closing the envelope with the letter M shaped in the black wax. It was so daunting. Everything in my body telling me not to touch the envelope and run. But my panic-stricken mind couldn't listen. I broke the seal, opening the envelope seeing a piece of paper inside. I take the paper out and read the words written.

I'll see you soon 

-Marco

-----------------------------------

A/N you are welcome (: