Chapter 1

"Chunhua, let's go!" Ten called out to his cousin.

Chunhua took a deep breath, taking a look at her reflection in the mirror one last time before leaving her room.

The two cousins were headed to the arena where the cyborg games were, Chunhua's favourite time of the week. She eagerly watched as the cyborgs fought to death, desperately wanting to work for Intelligence and create a project herself.

But today, she was not headed to the arena for the games, but instead, for an interview with Intelligence. Her cousin Ten, a worker there with his own cyborg, had scored her an interview for an opportunity to work with the company, a dream come true for the girl.

"How do I look?" Chunhua asked the two standing at the door.

"Amazing!" Yangyang exclaimed with two thumbs up while Ten simply nodded his head. The girl followed the two out into the small hovercraft, the mode of transportation for the group.

A part of Chunhua pitied the cyborg that was around the same age as her. Yangyang had come to Ten's house one night, on the brink of death. Ten, who was experimenting with cyborgs, had no choice but to turn Yangyang one to save him. Thus, Yangyang, a once human boy, became a cyborg.

Unlike the battle cyborgs though, Ten had did his best to ensure that Yangyang could keep his human side as much as possible, and his hard work had definitely been put to good use. Yangyang was one of Chunhua's closest friends and classmates, and now he was working alongside Ten at Intelligence.

Chunhua's family were Central citizens, and were on the richer side as well. Like Ten and his family, her parents had done great work with Intelligence. Chunhua had been studying hard in hope that she could get there too, but it seemed that Intelligence was becoming more and more picky about the people they selected to work there.

Nonetheless, Chunhua worked hard and eventually got her interview with a bit of help from Ten. Chunhua knew she only had one chance to make a good impression, and prepared hard for it.

Chunhua took a deep breath as Ten guided her inside the glass building, Yangyang following closely behind them. Chunhua followed Ten, scaning the silver band attached to her wrist, the band that each person in Edra wore as identification. The gates to the elevators opened, letting the three of them through.

Edra's technology was like no other, a world of hovercrafts and lightning fast trains. White, blues, and greys were the colours that filled their country, and Intelligence's building was no different.

Ten brought Chunhua to a small meeting room, surrounded by glass.

"Kun will be here soon

"Kun will be here soon." Ten told him.

Qian Kun, the great Head of Intelligence. Ten worked right under him, a prestigious position. His parents were once co-workers of Kun, before they were asked to leave Edra to help another country become like theirs.