Chapter 10

"Chunhua!" Yangyang happily called out as got off the train, Chunhua waiting for him at the entrance of the facility. Unfortunately, Chunhua had something else on her mind as she asked Yangyang to follow her without a proper greeting.

"Are you alright?" Yangyang asked as they made their way through the facility, twisting and turning through the halls.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Did you bring my belongings?" Chunhua asked.

Yangyang nodded, a bright smile on his face as he lifted the bag in his hands. "Of course I did."

Chunhua couldn't help but smile back. "That's great. Why don't we head to my room then?"

...

"Do you have a laser beam modification or something?" Hendery joked as they made their way to training, passing by Chunhua and Yangyang, another cyborg that Xiaojun had seen a few times before. "I feel like lasers are going to come out some time soon."

"No." Xiaojun said dully, hoping to play it off. Hendery stopped talking but the look on his face made it obvious enough that he knew that Xiaojun was in a bad mood.

Xiaojun had left Chunhua's room not long after she had realized she had lost her memory and the girl had been on his mind since, causing another sleepless night. He had hoped to talk to her again but once he saw her with Yangyang, he knew that wouldn't happen.

Xiaojun didn't know why but the sight of the two together had triggered something in him, making him clench his fists as he walked past. He held it in, trying to surpress whatever it was, but a part of him just wanted to pull Chunhua away.

Soon, they arrived at the training area, where Xiaojun heard a few other cyborgs gossiping about Chunhua and Yangyang.

"Hey, did you notice Yangyang is here?" One said.

"Yeah, he brought something for Chunhua. I think they're going to be in her room for the next bit." The other replied.

The gossip only angered Xiaojun more, the thought of Yangyang and Chunhua being alone in her room disturbing him.

So when Lucas began his lesson, he didn't even hesitate to give his robot opponent the hardest punch he could possibly muster.

...

"I don't get it." Yangyang said, once Chunhua closed the door. "These aren't even your clothes, they're Ten's."

"I know." Chunhua said, taking the bag containing a few shirts that Ten no longer wanted. She felt Yangyang's eyes on her as she moved through the room, the cyborg soon picking up her true intentions.

"It was a cover, wasn't it?" Yangyang asked, tilting his head as Chunhua placed the bag in the corner of her room. "You just wanted me here, didn't you."

Chunhua smiled, moving to Yangyang and lightly ruffling his hair. "A smart one, aren't you?"

Yangyang wasn't convinced though, his typical smile removed from his face. "What happened, Chunhua? What do you want me to do that you had to tell me in your room, away from Intelligence's cameras?"

Chunhua sighed, knowing that Yangyang's patience was running thin, taking a seat on her bed. "I need you to do me a favour."

"I got that far." Yangyang said, crossing his arms. Chunhua smoothed her hair down, worried that Yangyang wouldn't be up for her plan.

"I need you to go through the cameras, finding footage from a few nights ago." Chunhua told him.

"Why?" Yangyang asked immediately. "What are you trying to find, Chunhua?"