Chapter 21

Chunhua didn't know what to say as she stared at Xiaojun, tears brimming her eyes. "How did you know?"

Xiaojun was staring into his lap, eyebrows furrowed. "I.... remember?"

Chunhua watched as Xiaojun brought a hand to his head, feeling his bandage. He seemed shocked that it was there, turning towards Chunhua. "What happened?"

"It's a long story." Chunhua said, hoping that Xiaojun would take it easy. "You should rest so you can heal properly."

Xiaojun shook his head though, pushing himself off the bed. "I'm fine, don't worry."

Chunhua was worrying though, trying to keep Xiaojun down but he was adament on getting up, his strength winning over. Lucky for her though, the door opened to reveal Yuechen, holding a tray in her hands as she narrowed her eyes at Xiaojun.

"What are you doing?" Yuechen asked. Chunhua felt Xiaojun tense up, sinking back into the bed. Chunhua was relieved for a second, until Yuechen removed Xiaojun's bandage.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Chunhua asked, worried about Xiaojun's wound but to her surprise, it was already healed.

"We couldn't reverse the experiements that Intelligence did on him. He still heals abnormally fast." Yuechen explained with a light chuckle. "Guess that's a good thing though."

"Where's Chenle?" Xiaojun asked, surprising Chunhua.

Yuechen wasn't the same though, casually stepping back as she placed the old banadage on the tray. "Outside, want me to bring him in?"

"Renjun too?" Xiaojun said and Yuechen nodded.

"I'll bring them in."

Chunhua's eyes followed Yuechen as she left the room before turning back to Xiaojun. "How did you know their names?"

That's when Xiaojun realized what happened was abnormal, quickly grabbing her hand. "I'm sorry, I just... I got all the memories that Intelligence erased back."

Chunhua didn't know how to respond, wondering how Xiaojun's life before going to Intelligence was like. "Should I be concerned?"

Xiaojun smiled, shaking his head. "Not at all, I don't have a headache like when you got your memory back. I just... It's a lot."

"No one's rushing you." Chunhua reassured him, mirroring the smile. "Take your time."

Xiaojun nodded his head, lightly rubbing her knuckles with his thumb. "Chunhua."

"Yes?" Chunhua replied, wondering what was going on in Xiaojun's head.

"Thank you." Xiaojun said, squeezing her hand. "Without you, I would probably be dead, my body tossed away like garbage."

Chunhua gave his hand a squeeze back. "Xiaojun, I was just doing what was right. When I saw you smile for the first time, happiness filled me. I was able to break the one person who's emotions were taken away. Feeling shouldn't be a crime."

Xiaojun shook his head, the smile never fading from his face. "Still, I owe you my life now. Oh!"

Xiaojun perked up, as if he suddenly remebered something. "Is something wrong?"

"My name." Xiaojun said quietly. "It's not Xiaojun but-"

"Dejun-ge!"

The door came flew open as Chenle came running in, engulfing Xiaojun in a warm embrace. Renjun walked in after, much calmer but his face showed how happy he was.

Yuechen waited by the door though, arms cross as he leaned against the door frame. "Perhaps we should give them some time."

Chunhua bit her lip but when she noticed how happy Xiaojun was, she decided to follow Yuechen out towards the now empty couch.