Chapter 16

Sometimes in life, you don't know how big of an impact something had on you until it was gone. That was how Xiaojun felt about Chunhua's absence.

The day became a blur as he trained with Lucas, letting his programmed brain take over his movements. Nothing felt right as he did what he did, doing what was expected of him.

"I have an annoucement to make." Lucas called out, making Xiaojun look up. What day is it again?

"For this week's cyborg games," Lucas said, making the group exchange looks. Xiaojun heard a deep sigh escape Lucas's lips and wondered what could possible make him react in that way.

"Xiaojun and Hendery will be competing."

...

Chunhua had never been to the arena outside of the games, but here she was with Ten, walking through areas she had never been to before.

"Who are we meeting?" Chunhua asked but Ten didn't answer, only giving her a smile.

"You'll see soon enough." Ten said as he greeted a cyborg who took them through a door to a hall, where a hidden elevator was.

They arrived at what seemed like the arena's control room, where technicians were typing away furiously, preparing for the games

They arrived at what seemed like the arena's control room, where technicians were typing away furiously, preparing for the games. They were so busy, they didn't even bother to glance over at Chunhua and Ten, who were making their way to the back corner.

Where Ten was leading her was a lot louder though, the cries that ressembled a kid whining as they played video games ringing through Chunhua's ears. She soon realized it wasn't a kid but a full grown adult.

"Noooo, don't shoot me!" The male whined, tapping away furiously on his keyboard with a headset over his ears. With his transparent screen though, Chunhua could see every move he was making as he played.

"Don't mind him." Ten said, patiently waiting for the game to end. "He's a lot more useful then he seems, I promise."

"He better be." Chunhua mumbled as the male cheered, the words on the screen showing that he had won.

Ten took the opportunity to tap the male's shoulder, making him jump up and scream in horror. This must be a frequent occurance though as the workers ignored them, as if they didn't hear the scream at all.

"Yah Ten, you scared me!" The male cried out as he slipped his headphones off before glancing at Chunhua.

"My bad." Ten said, grinning from ear to ear. "Winwin, this is my cousin, Chunhua. Chunhua, this is the arena owner, Winiwn."

"Nice to meet you." Chunhua said, politely greeting Winwin but he only narrowed his eyes at her.

"You caused a big fuss here." Winwin said, making a confused look appear on Ten's face. "Bringing a battle cyborg with you into a worker's suite."