Prologue

He was born human.

The name given to him was Xiao Dejun. It was from his human parents, the lovely couple that couldn't possibly love their child any more.

The gap between the rich and the poor in Edra was too great, and unfortunately, Dejun's parents were on the poor end. There was simply no way for them to support their son, so that's what brought them to borders of Central, the area where the richest people of Edra lived.

Intelligence, the group that ruled Edra, based in the glass skyscraper in the middle of Edra, were looking for children, children to be sculpted into cyborgs.

Cyborg, a combination of human and mechanical parts. These creatures were the beginning of a new industry in Edra, one that Intelligence was planning making good use of to entertain their people.

Thus, they created a new form of entertainment, the Cyborg Games. Where at the last night of each week, citizens would gather in the arena and watch as cyborgs would battle each other till the point of death.

It worked wonders, and champion cyborgs soon became celebrities in Edra. They lived good lives in Central, much better lives than any life offered outside of it.

So when Intelligence began looking for children to train to become the next battle cyborg in exchange for large amounts of money, enough for a family from outside to move to Central, Dejun's parent's couldn't help but give in to the temptation.

A chance for their lives to change completely was an offer that they just couldn't refuse, and when Dejun had passed all the tests that many had failed, it wasn't too difficult for his parents to make his choice.

They chose to give their son away, with the promise that their son would live a life they could never give him. They cried as the workers from Intelligence separated Dejun from them, the small boy screaming and waving his fists as he was taken away from the only two people he knew.

Little did Dejun's parents know, Dejun was selected for a special experiment. The creation of a cyborg genetically modified to be the perfect fighter.

By now Intelligence knew what the people loved. They wanted a cyborg that was strong and powerful yet had the looks that could charm the people who watched. So that is what they created with Dejun.

Dejun's body was changed in a way that would make him naturally stronger than most, while they took away the emotions that would make him weak. Sadness, happiness, anger, fear, surprise, trust... Dejun would have none of that.

But most important of all, Intelligence took away Xiao Dejun, and replaced it with Xiaojun. From then on, Xiao Dejun was no longer a thing, and the small boy was known as Xiaojun, the experiment that would created the strongest battle cyborg of all time.

This was an excruciating painful process, one that had many failures. But Xiaojun was the one that survived it all, and Intelligence took great note of that.

Xiaojun grew up getting used to his new body, training alongside other battle cyborgs. Each one a different success project of Intelligence. They worked hard, preparing for their battle debut in the arena, where they will be showcased to the world.

Intelligence was known for creating the best cyborgs of them all, and other companies had a hard time keeping up. This is why they kept their top cyborgs hidden, as they knew that eventually, the others would catch up.

And when they did, that was when Intelligence would let their hidden subjects debut, proving once again that they were the strongest of them all. And that that is why Xiaojun spent most of his life in the shadows, Intelligence saving him for when they needed them the most.

Xiaojun was strong, one of the best projects ever completed. Intelligence knew that when he came out, no one would be able to defeat him.

So when the time came for Xiaojun to come into the spotlight, he did. And he won, match after match.

Xiaojun quickly climbed the ranks, an undefeated champion. People would come to Edra from all different corners of the world just to see this wonder fight.

Xiaojun battled with ease, like it was chore in his daily life. He had no problems killing his opponent, and he did it with such charm that the ladies swooned with every move he made.

But his lack of emotions kept him uninterested in his ever growing fandom, focused on fighting instead. That only made him more charming to the public.

Xiaojun was perfect, sculpted to perfection in every single way possible. And there was no way to break that, no flaw ever shown.

Or so we thought.

———————————————————————————

Kinda short prologue whoops 🙊