Chapter 4

"Did you hear?"

Xiaojun turned his head to see Hendery's face, the male climbing to the top step that lead to Xiaojun's capsule bed.

"Hear what?" Xiaojun said, focusing back to the white top of the capsule he was in as Hendery entered, settling on top of Xiaojun's blanket.

"Chunhua's moving to the facility." Hendery said, a bright smile on his face. "Isn't that exciting?"

"Probably." Xiaojun said, closing his eyes. He knew Hendery well enough though, not the least bit surprised to see the male hovering over him when he opened his eyes again.

"I get the no emotions thing but doesn't your human side have something?" Henery asked, putting special emphasis on the last word. "You're just boring now."

"If that was supposed to be an insult, it didn't hurt." Xiaojun said but only earned a sigh from Hendery.

"It was a fact, Xiaojun." Hendery said, lying down next to him. "But since you're the least likely to die out of all of us in next week's games, you're going to be the one I bother tonight."

"What's new?" Xiaojun sighed, turning towards his teammate. "What do you want this time?"

"Don't you think it's interesting that Chunhua was hired?" Hendery asked, his eyes wide with curiousity. "Like we're all built to be perfect, it doesn't make sense to have someone teach us battle strategies."

"Didn't you hear what Lucas said?" Xiaojun asked but soon realized his mistake as a smile spread across Hendery's face.

"Hah! I knew you were listening!" Hendery exclaimed.

"That's because you two were loud." Xiaojun said, trying to come up with an excuse but Hendery wasn't fooled.

"No, it's because you were curious too. Come on, Xiaojun. Lie and tell me that the fact that you'll be working doesn't anger you."

"I mean I'm not particularly interested." Xiaojun mumbled.

"See, I knew it." Hendery said, more than satisfied with himself.

"But that's because nothing really interests me." Xiaojun added, earning a look from Hendery.

"Listen." Hendery said and Xiaojun could sense what he was going to say next. "Just because you're programmed to not have emotions or feel anything doesn't mean you can't have your own opinions or throughts. You're a cyborg, not a robot. There's a part of us that's human for a reason."

Xiaojun pretended that Hendery's words didn't mean anything to him as he focused back on the top of his capsule. "You talk too much."

He felt Hendery leave his side, mumbling about how stubborn Xiaojun was as he made his way back down to his own capsule.

On the inside though, Xiaojun couldn't help but think about what Hendery had said.

Why did they take away my emotions when I'm half human anyways?

...

Honestly, Chunhua didn't have much to complain about as she settled in her new room within the training facility, Yangyang helping her. It was much bigger and nicer than her apartment, containing a huge window that allowed her to see over Central.

 It was much bigger and nicer than her apartment, containing a huge window that allowed her to see over Central