XVII: Night with a Werewolf

I didn't really have the perfect idea how to write this chapter but I finally came up with this.

Hope you enjoy.
_____
Two nights later, when the moon had risen, three animals stood side by side near the Shrieking Shack. There were many rumors surrounding that place. They said that it was haunted. That screams could be heard from it at night.

Thus it earned it's name. What people didn't relaize was that the source of this screaming was not ghosts but a werewolf. And it was because of this werewolf the three animals were gathered here. Normally these animals would never be seen together in nature, but sometimes nature and fate itself has a way of playing things.

All the animals were staring at the slightly opened door. A large Black dog was sitting on it's humches, tongue out and panting. And if one saw it's eyes they could swear that the dog was concerned about something.

Next to the dog stood a stag. Large and majestic as it was, it was also impatient. It huffed and stamped it's hoof, wanting wharever it was that was happening in the shack to happen quickly. It shook it's antlers, waiting in anticipation before it started pacing.

And the last animal sitting next to them was a fox. Small in stature as compared to the other two, it was still bigger than average. It's fur a bright red-orange, whereas it's eyes, startling yellow, almost like headlights. It's face was blank, emotionless. It's body relayed nothing, and yet it too patiently waited.

Finally a noise was heard, that didn't sound like screaming or breaking. This caused a the animals to tense up as they waited for the source of the noise to come out. The fox's ear twitched.
______
The werewolf padded out on all four feet before standing up on two. It raised it's mouth and howled a long, mournful howl. Then it sniffed around. Familiar and unfamiliar scents assaulted it. A familiar scent was missing it realized. And yet when it thought about that familiar scent a sense of betrayal and sadness overwhelmed it.

It didn't like these emotions. Knowing not how to deal with them he attacked the banister, slashing the wood, it's pieces flying everywhere. Then it smelt another smell. An unfamiliar one. It growled and lunged at it. The one-who-is-not-prey came in his way and stopped the wolf. The one-who-is-almost-wolf yipped from beside it's side. The unfamiliar smell had yet to move. The wolf, surprised at this cautiously approached the scent. The one-who-is-almost-wolf watched him warily.

It was small. The wolf thought it looked almost like imself. It was also an almost wolf but smaller. The smaller-almost-wolf was sitting there serenely. The one-who-is-almost-wolf came up to him and licked him showing he wasn't danger.

The smaller one one shook itself. Apparently it didn't enjoy being licked. The Wolf then walked up to the smaller one and sniffed it. It remained still. The scent reminded the wolf of happiness and relife. The Wolf nodded. The smaller-almost-wolf was good. It took a good sniff, planting the scent in his memory.

Pack.

The Wolf was getting impatient now. He wanted to run. He wanted to hunt. The Dog yipped around playfully, the Fox also scurrying close to the Wolf's heels. The three scents then moved past him, out of the tunnel. The Dog yipped. The Wolf rushed out to see who had threatened his pack, yet there ws nothing. The Dog once again yipped, playfully, inviting the Wolf to run. The Fox jumped on the Dog's back before jumping off.

The Dog rushed forward into the forest. The Wolf followed behind and found the Stag and the Fox on either of his side. And like that the Wolf ran with it's pack throughout the night. The Fox and Dog would chase a prey and lead him to the Wolf, who would grab it and devour it, satisfying his hunger.