I: Unexpected Things

Hello people. My name's YeranJ for those who don't know. And I have decided to publish my Harry Potter fanfiction.

Yes you heard it, Harry Potter. So tell me what you think. There will be a few points that you have to keep in mind at the end of this chapter. So here's to hoping you'll like it.

This is placed in marauders era as I've always liked the idea of Marauders and Snape being friends.
               _________________________
Snape had had enough. It was bad enough that his dad decided to give him a 'parting gift' bfore he went to school. This year he had no one to turn to. He only had one friend and he ruined their friendship by calling her something horrible. He was horrible.

He really wanted her to forgive him but no matter how sincerely he apologized it just wasn't enough. He could hear the sounds of the welcoming party still going on while he sat at the edge of the black lake. 'I wonder if someone would come if I threw myself in their.'

"Hey there Snivellous." Then he heard it. A voice that always meant trouble for him. It was the Marauders. Probably here to bully him again. Like they always did.

But now he just didn't care. Not anymore. Nothing mattered now. He was worthless anyways.

oOo

"So Snivellous, watcha doing?" Sirus spoke in a taunting voice. When he got no reply he grew angry. Snivellous actually had the audacity to ignore him. Well, he wasn't letting go that easily either. He continued his taunting.

Snivellous then looked up. Sirius was shocked at the emotionless blank look he received. It looked as if he had nothing to live for. 'No matter. The git probably deserves what happened to him.', Sirius thought to himself.

"What's the matter Snivelly? Cat got your tongue? Or are you missing your mommy? No one to wipe away the baby's tears?", Sirius taunted him maliciously. "And aren't your clothes too old now? Tell your Mom to buy new ones next time."

"Wait I bet they won't even have enough money to buy a books let alone anything else." Now James spoke. Peter laughed at their horrid jokes but Remus seemed hurt. "Guys I'm not as well of as you either. Are you going to make fun of me as well?"

James looked at him. "Remus you know we didn't mean to insult you."

Sirius nodded, "Yeah Moony old man. And beside Snivellous might've finally got what he deserved."

oOo

Severus had been listening to them insult him. But it was nothing new for him. It wasn't as if his father did enough of that every chance he got.

But when Black said that he deserved it he couldn't help but loose it. All his self control that he had been trying to maintain. In a hazy state of mind he stood up, knowing full well he might have to face all the marauders.

And for the first time he saw her standing with them. Lily. She was standing there frowning but didn't say anything. He was now sure that she really didn't care.

"You know nothing Black." Severus spoke slowly.

"What did you say Snivellous?"Sirius looked towards him, a calm expression on his face that Severus knew meant trouble, and asked. But Severus didn't care. He didn't even move to take out his wand. 'Let them hex me.' he thought to himself.

"I said that you know nothing. Your saying that I deserved it. Then tell me Black, what kind of child deserves to have a father who does nothing but drink all day? What kind of child deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life since he was four?"

What kind of child deserves to be beaten with belts and canes for being born with magic, something he can't control?" Sirius moved to speak but Severus cut him of not letting any word in.