IV: Turmoils of Black

Okay. Hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. Here is the next one.

Hope you like this one too.
                        ________________________
Remus couldn't help it. He laughed. Laughed at Severus' tales of escape from 'the blasted prison of potions and sick people' as Severus called it.

At the current moment said escapee was getting a firm scolding from Lily. After five minutes Remus decided it was enough and stopped her, "Hey Lily we're not going to get anything done like this." He waved a transfiguration textbook in front of her to get her attention.

This diverted Lily's attention who huffed and opened the page to the lesson. Glaring at Severus she said, "You better not try that again Sev. Not until you're fully healed."

Severus only grumbled about stupid confinement which was heard by Remus due to his heightened senses. Stiffling a laugh he looked towards Severus, "So what do you want to do first?"
____________________
After about three hours of studying and a bit of joking the two visitors were ushered out of the hospital wing by Madame Pomphrey. It was time for dinner after all. As they were gone Severus thought about what had happened.

Lily had forgiven him. Him. Even though the fault was his. He didn't control his temper. He spent too much time with the wrong sorts. He let the marauders get the better of him.

And speaking of marauders Severus really didn't know what to think about Remus Lupin, the werewolf. For all he knew it could be just another trick. Lure him into a false sense of security and then humiliate him.

But Severus saw only sincerity in the wolf's eyes. He sighed. It was all too confusing for him. But at least once he gets out of this bed he wouldn't have to deal with Lupin anymore.

oOo

Poppy Pomphrey was feeling quite pleased. Not only did a minimum of two children come in today but it appears that there might just be hope for Severus as well.

She couldn't wait to tell Minerva over a good bottle of firewhiskey. But first she better get her job over with. And with that thought she went over to Severus's bed. Severus seemed to be a bit lost in his own thoughts and jumped at the sound of Madam Pomphrey's voice.

"And how are you feeling today Mr. Snape?"

"I'm feeling better. Though I'd feel great if you would let me go back to my dorms."

"Oh no young man. You are still healing and need the rest. You are not going anywhere until I say so." Before Severus could complain she handed him his potions.

He drank them all gagging at the bitter taste. As she prepared to go Severus' voice called out to her, "Can you at least remove this blasted binding spell? Please?"

She only smirked causing Severus to grumble a few good words that would have earned him a washing with soap if they were heard.

oOo

Sirius Black was a child who had recently run away from home and was currently living with his best friend.

Sirius Black was also someone who was at this moment tossing and turning on his bed because sleep evaded him. And he blamed a certain slytherin for it.

'He blamed him because seeing his condition reminded him of all the abuse he went through because of his parents. Every curse that burned, every jinx that broke and every hex that hurt. But another thought plagued him more.

His brother. Regulus. He may be a slytherin but he was his brother first. Not a day went by since he ran away that he didn't worry about him. His brother wasn't like him, he knew how to survive and he would do whatever it took to do so.