VI: Thoughts and Musings

I'm sorry the previous ones aren't that good. 〒_〒

Here's to hoping this one is but I'm still sure it isn't.
                  ________________________
Lily was quite happy. It had been two weeks since Severus was admitted in the hospital and two weeks since Remus had extended a hand of friendship towards him. Honestly speaking, she was surprised.
Remus was making an effort to show he was serious about this but that wasn't what surprised her. What surprised her was that it was actually working.

Sure Severus was still sarcastic but that was his default mode of communication. And most of the time there was no bite behind those remarks. And Remus was 'too overly bright' as he said.

He even worried for him when Remus had to call in sick. She remembers how that went.

She went to visit him. Remus said that he was too tired and sick to even attend classes.

He looked quite sick the previous days too. When she entered the wing Severus looked up and frowned, "Where's Lupin?"

"He called in sick."

She could swear she heard him mutter he was looking sick. Then his face formed an expression as if he figured something out. He proceeded to shake his head and said, "He's sleeping in his bed and eating chocolate right now isn't he?"

Though he meant it as a nonchalant phrase Lily knew it was his way of asking whether he was resting or not? She smiled and nodded. It still made her happy to think Severus actually was worried about Remus even if he didn't show it.

oOo

Poppy Pomphrey was feeling quite satisfied. It had been two weeks since Mr. Snape was admitted and she had managed to heal all of his bruises, welts and cuts.

And those nourishment potions worked wonders in her opinion. He wasn't skin and bones anymore. He still was underweight but not malnourished. She couldn't do anything about the scars though nor could she keep him here all semester. He was missing out on his studies.

She was also quite glad that his fight with Ms. Evans was settled and that Mr. Lupin was working towards becoming friends with him. That boy needed some other people to rely on that weren't from his house.

But the issue of his father still remained. He wouldn't go during Christmas but he will have to return for summer holidays. And she was quite worried that he would come back in an even worse condition than he was or maybe not at all.

She sighed wearily. She should send a letter to The Department of Child Care. But that would mean a trial would be held and Severus would have to present himself and claim it to be true. He would not be happy if she did that.

Maybe if she could convince them on the evidence she had, his medical reports, a trial won't be needed. This was a problem. She wondered how many others there were in Hogwarts like Severus that needed help but wouldn't say anything.

This was an issue that she had to tackle with the headmaster. And she would.

oOo

Remus was sitting in the common room reading his book. He had meant to finish it for quite some time but was too busy. His thoughts wandered to the past days he spent with Severus.

Ever since it had been revealed that Severus had a not so happy home, and he was putting it mildly, he couldn't help the stabbing guilt he had felt.

He wondered what would have happened if they didn't find out? Would Snape have joined the Death Eaters? Would he have gone to the dark side? Was he still going to the dark?