V: Talks and Speculations

Welp I hope I'm not going too bad. Here's the next chapter. Enjoy. If you can.
                      ________________________
Severus sighed. He knew he shouldn't have brought it up but he was worried about Regulus. He also knew that the dunderhead was too stubborn and prideful to admit any weakness.

He really needed to find some way to help him. If this kept up Regulus would end up joining the death eaters whether he wanted to or not.

After last year he was quite determined to stay away from every Slytherin who wanted to join the ranks of the Dark Lord. He had thought about it all and he came to a firm conclusion.

He didn't want to join Lord Voldemort. The more he learned about what the Death Eaters did the more similarities he saw between them and his father. And he would rather die than follow or become someone like him.

He also had to get Regulus out of all of this. He never wanted any of this. It was his parents that were firm believers of the Dark Lord and they wanted their sons to be the same.

One had escaped and they had pushed all responsibilities on the son that was left. Whereas Regulus only wanted to spend time with Magical Creatures surprisingly. 'Newt Scamander would have loved to met him.', Severus thought sarcastically.

While Severus was busy with his musings and homework he didn't notice Madam Pomphrey rush in.

oOo

Madam Pomphrey woke up only to curse as she was assaulted by a massive headache. She knew she should have stopped after her third drink but the firewhiskey was too good to pass down. The only thing that gave her a little peace was that Minerva was nursing the same if not an even worse headache.

Casting a tempus charm she once again felt a compelling urge to curse quite loudly. She was late. Downing a Pepper up potion and hangover potion she quickly went into the hospital wing to check up on her patient.

She was quite glad to see him quite busy with his homework. At least he didn't try to escape this time. Composing herself she walked upto him to give him his nourishment potions.

"Good morning Severus. How are you feeling today?" she asked.

Jumping slightly and cursing mentally for his blatant lack of attention he looked up, "Good morning Madam Pomphrey." He smiled slightly, "I'm feeling much better so if you could be kind enough to let me walk free I'll feel completely healthy."

"Not a chance boy. Your still underweight for your age and your bruises haven't healed." With that said she gave him his potions which he drank while grumbling.
"Then can you at least remove this binding spell? It's quite degrading."

Madame Pomphrey merely raised an eyebrow. "I don't think I want to find you escaping in the middle of the night again."

"I promise I won't. Snake's honor." Severus didn't like to plead but he hated being stuck to this bed. At least this way he could walk around a little and have a little of what pride he had left.

Though Madam Pomphrey was still skeptical she supposed she could give him at least that. So with a flick of her wand she ended the spell. "Now if you do try to escape Severus I will make sure that can't move an inch for months instead of weeks."

"Yes ma'am." he consented.

Satisfied Madam Pomphrey walked off.

oOo

Lily woke up feeling quite refreshed. She quickly got ready and went down to visit her friend in the hospital wing. When she came into the common room she was quite surprised to find Remus sitting there as well.