VII: Reluctant Agreements

Here's the next one. Ty for reading.
               ________________________
Remus stretched. Finally his classes were over. Lily waved off to him and went to her next class Divination. Same went for the rest of the marauders. He was the only one out of them who didn't take it.

He decided he would go visit Severus. It had been two weeks since he had been admitted. He wondered when he would be deemed healthy in Madam Pomphrey's eyes to be able to leave the hospital wing. Remus chuckled remembering how vehemently Severus complained about it.

When he entered the hospital wing though he was surprised to find the bed empty. Severus' stuff was gone too. Confused, he sought out Madam Pomphrey who was writing something on a piece of parchment.

"Um Ma'am, where's Severus?" Remus inquired.

Without looking up she informed Remus that Severus was healed fully and left the wing about twenty-five minutes ago. Remus thanked her and left feeling quite dejected and sad.

It had been twenty-five minutes since Severus left and he didn't even tell Remus about it. He didn't seek him out either.

He remembered his deal with Severus but he had hoped that Severus would have wanted to be friends after that. "Apparently I was wrong.", he mumbled to himself.

He went into the library. He tried to read a book but couldn't concentrate. In his state of gloom he failed to notice someone sit down next to him.

Only when the person greeted him with a "Hello Remus." did he snap out of it and also fell off his chair in shock. Madam Pince came glowering at the poor werewolf on the floor, who was now sporting a bruise, and crisply announced, "Mr. Lupin if you want to make noise I would suggest that you go outside."

"Sorry Madam Pince. It won't happen again."

Satisfied she walked away. Remus got up and glared at the person that caused this. Severus. Who was smirking looking quite amused.

"Did you have to startle me?"

"It wasn't my fault that you were too preoccupied in your thoughts that you didn't see me." he retorted.

"Well you could have told me that you were getting released from the hospital today." he accused, sounding quite indignant.

"Trust me if I knew I would have told you. Madam Pomphrey only told me some time ago as well."

The full meaning of Severus' words settled in. He would've told him. Cautiously he asked, "So, you still want to be friends?"

"No, I am here sitting next to you and talking because I want to hex you." Severus replied snarkily.

Remus grinned and started handing him the notes of the classes he missed. He was glad Severus still wanted to be friends. A little while later they were joined by Lily

oOo

It was late. While in the Room of Requirement Severus had lost track of time and now rushed back to his dorms praying that a teacher wouldn't be patrolling the corridors.

It had been a week since he was released from the wing. He decided he wanted to become an animagus. So he went to the Room of Requirement to train everyday.

Today was just like those days but he made progress today so he went for a few extra minutes of practice which turned into two hours. Now he was running back to the dorms.

Before he could reach even the entrance to the dungeons though a hand clamped over his mouth and dragged him into an empty classroom. Severus struggled trying to see the face of his captor or land a hit on him but his captor was too strong.