XIII: Healing and Plans

Here's the next one too.
_____
Sirius could see Remus worrying. His hands were hovering around the wound. The dagger was still in there. Why wasn't Remus taking it out? He moved to do so but Severus' voice called out, "Don't."

"What? Why?" Why was Snape stopping him? His friend was hurt. He had to help him. there was a dagger in his stomach and Severus was stopping him from taking it out.

James groaned. "Sirius, don't worry. I'll be alright." His breathing was shallow.

"If you pull it out he might die of blood loss.", Snape sat down beside them. He seemed to be thinking and observing the wound before getting up.

"Black, go find water, if you do bring it in any way possible. Remus, stay with him. Start a fire." With that he walked off quickly. Sirius, not knowing what to do, followed Snape's request.

"Promise me you'll keep him safe. I'll be back soon." With that he ran off. When he was a bit further away, he transformed into Padfoot, knowing it would be easier to find the river.

After only a few minutes his senses picked up the rushing of water. He bounded towards it.

In front of him was a raging river. Now he just needed something to carry water in. Through a bit of searching he found an old cup, chipped from the top. Cheering for his luck, he filled it with water and ran back.
_______________
Remus picked a few more sticks. A small fire was now roaring. He looked back to James who was groaning slightly. His friend was in pain and here he was, collecting sticks.

Dammit. Where were they? They should be back by now. What if the Death Eaters followed them? What if Severus and Sirius got hurt? What if something happens to James? Remus was over thinking things but he couldn't help it. He was worried.

Suddenly Severus came out of almost nowhere. He didn't even make any noise. "How is he?"

Remus stayed quite not knowing what to say. Severus seemed in a frenzy. His hands were filled with plants. 'Herbs', Remus realized. 'Severus brought herbs.'

"Remus, how is James?"

"H-he's not well. We need to do something soon."

Severus nodded.

"What are those?", Remus asked, keeping a close eye on James. They really needed to get that dagger out soon.

Lavender, Dittany and Bubotuber." Before Remus could further ask Sirius appeared, a cup in his hand.

"Severus I've brought the water. Now what?"

"Give it here."

Handing the cup, both Remus and Sirius observed Severus crush the dittany and extract bubotuber pus, putting it in the water. He then got up and walked to James.

"Sirius, hold him down. Remus, I want you to take the dagger out on my mark, then press into the wound with some cloth."

Sirius looked towards James, "You ready mate?"

James, whose forehead was covered in sweat, opened hazy, unfocused eyes, "Ready for what?"

"Good."

Severus sat besides his James head. Sirius put his hands on James' shoulders. Remus grabbed the dagger gently, his cloak in his other hand. Severus then yelled suddenly, "Now!"

Remus pulled out the dagger, putting pressure on the wound, Sirius held him down as a blood-curdling scream escaped James' lips. Severus quickly put the cup to James' lips, urging him to drink. Some dribbled down his chin. James almost gagged at the bitter taste. Slowly James' eyes shut and he fell into a deep sleep.