XVI: Storytelling and Conclusions

"Will everyone of you just shut up?"

Every occupant of the room looked towards the two teenagers, who still looked quite livid. "We're standing right here. Mind asking us what happened?"

"And not a word about us being confunded." Sirius looked towards Moody who had moved to speak.

"Don't you people ever check facts before you throw teenagers into Azkaban." James continued. "It wasn't Severus. How many times do we have to say it before you will listen?"

"If it wasn't for him James would be dead right now. He made that healing concoction. He stole the keys to the bike. Lucius Malfoy gave us a key because he was with us."

"James? Dead? Sirius what are you talking about?", Mrs. Potter asked.

"Yes Mr. Black. What do you mean by that? When I ran a diagnosis Mr. Potter was the healthiest out of all of you.", Poppy inquired.

"Perhaps", Dumbledore's calm voice spoke, "it would be beneficial if the boys were allowed to tell their stories from the start?"

Everyone grumbled in agreement and they sat down.

"Right then.", James recounted. "It started when Peter gave us the news…."

For the next hour James told every detail of their adventure, with Sirius putting in any details they might've forgotten. During the story though the boys only wondered when the rest would get here.

The story was interrupted only once or twice, at points where something was unclear.
_____________
"Which spell was that?" Mr. Potter asked.

"Sectumsempra?" At his father's nod he elaborated. "Severus said that he made it himself. It's a slicing hex."

"Do you know it's counter-spell?"

"Yeah. I asked Severus. It's Vulnera Sunentur."

"I see."
_______
"So Malfoy came in and just gave that note?", Alastor asked gruffly.

"Well not exactly. We didn't even see him slip them in."

"And how did you know when to get out?"

"We were getting to that. The note was charmed to burn when the meeting would start."

"And did you hear something from the meeting?", Dumbledore inquired.

"No sir." James said quite firmly.

"Ah I see. Please continue
________
"What did you say Mr. Snape used to heal you?" James was interrupted by Madam Pomphrey.

"He brought Bubotuber pus and Dittany. Combined them with water and Lavender then gave it to James." Sirius supplied.

"That was a high risk he took."

"Why?"

"Bubotuber pus is quite difficult and dangerous to remove. One wrong step and it could burn you. Then there's it's dilution. If it's slightly wrong, there could be dire consequences."

James gulped before continuing, silently thanking Merlin that Severus was amazing at Potions.
________
Once their tale was completed they looked expectantly at all the adults. "So? Do you believe us now?"

"My boys you have given us much to think about. But alas we cannot do anything until we have proof."

"What? But we were there. We're witnesses. Surely that can be used as proof?"

"Your words cannot be used. You were the victims in this case."

"But we have to get Severus out. Isn't there anything we can do?"