Chapter Fourteen- Edited

Lois has had my back these past few days. She was the one to let Perry know what the hell happened to Clark and, after she asked for my permission, got the full scoop for the whole event. It also helped that she was there. They had a paper out within a week off Clark's death. Nate and Diana have been visiting every day, catching up, it's been helping me cope since the funeral later today. I still feel numb to the whole situation. I still can't believe that Clark is gone. I've only left the apartment once since that night. Now here I am, standing in the bathroom in my apartment, looking at my disheveled appearance in the mirror. I wipe at my tear-stained cheeks and take a deep breath before getting ready for the funeral. One more look in the mirror before walking out the door and to my car, off to Martha's home. (Brown hairstyle, not blond)

 (Brown hairstyle, not blond)

It didn't take long to get to Martha's from my apartment but when I pulled up to her house, I just sat there. I stared at her front door which was open for anyone who wanted to attend Clark's funeral. I feel like I don't have the strength to get out. My hands were shaking on the steering wheel and tears filled my eyes again so I took a deep breath and placed temple on the steering wheel, trying to control my emotions. There was a knock on my window which caused me to jerk slightly and turn only to see Nate standing there in a nice suit. I turn off the ignition and get out of the car. I close the door behind me and I turn to face my baby brother. I don't have to say anything. He can see it on my face and know instantly what going through my mind. He pulls me into a tight hug, rubbing my back comfortingly, not staying a word because he knows that anything would cause me to break down completely.

"Come on, Rose." Nate whispered. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked towards the front door where Diana stood. She gave a comforting smile as we walked up the steps.

"Hello Rose." Diana softly greeted, giving my arms a reassuring rub. I smile back and stare at the open-door way. I take a deep breath and shrink into my brother's embrace, tears already brimming my eyes. Nate and Diana looked at each other and knew that nothing they can say would make this easier. Martha walked past the door and stops when she sees me. Her shoulders slump and she gives me a sad smile before walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.