Chapter 15 - Protectors Revealed

Start from the beginning

     Before you know it, May, Lucas, Keith, and me are breathing heavily, looking around at the dead bodies in hatred. Saxon, Peter, Nick, Leo, Seth, Alpha Right, and Luna Right were looking at us in shock. While Alpha Nelson, Luna Nelson, and Lilly ran up to us and hugged us tight. I pulled away and sat on the grass.

     "Cassidy, you're hurt," said Peter. I looked up at him and smiled.

     "I'm fine," I said. I looked back down at the big cut on my arm and watched as it healed in less than five seconds, making everyone gasp. I got up and walked over towards Alpha Nelson. I bent down and checked his wounds. Not bad. I grabbed an arrow from my quiver and broke it in half, tipping it onto the cut. Alpha Nelson clenched his jaw, not letting out the scream of pain. Once the cut healed, all was left was dust. He smiled up at me.

     "That's why your my favorite niece," he joked. I laughed and shook my head. I moved towards Alpha Right and winced when I saw the deep cut.

     "Cassidy, who are you really?" asked Alpha Right. I looked up at him and sighed.

     "Alpha Right, you know who my father is. Don't ask me," I said quietly.

     "Who's your-," he started but his eyes went wide. Realization flashed through his eyes.

     "I knew it!" he shouted.

     "When I first met you, I knew I could've swore I met you before," he grinned. I chuckled and nodded.

     "Who's your dad?" asked Leo.

     I sighed and look at everyone, even Saxon. "Alpha Ruth," I said. Everyone's mouth dropped open; except Alpha Nelson, Luna Nelson, Alpha Right, Lilly, Keith, Lucas, and May.

     I sighed and just decided to tell everyone who I really was. "As you know, my dad died by the lost of his mate, my mum. My mum died by taking a bullet for him. I was only eight when he died. I ran away after that, I wanted to leave my past behind and create my future, following in my mum's steps. I soon found out the my mum came from a line of vampires, that's where I get my speed from," I said.

     "That's how you disappear so quickly!" shouted Leo. I smiled and nodded.

     "I found Keith and May along the way. I decided to create a Protector union. Keith can actually shift, even though he's half werewolf. May is also half werewolf, but excellent with daggers and knifes. I am also half werewolf, but I am also part Vampire. Lucas only joined our union a couple months ago. I wasn't lying when I said that I was looking for the remainders of my family. Lucas and I are really the last ones left of the Ruth family," I explained while I healed everyone. Everyone stayed quiet and listened to me talk. I grabbed a few arrows and walked around, stabbing all of the dead bodies, letting it turn to dust.

     "Why do you do that?" asked Saxon. I just noticed how quiet he was this whole time.

     "Just in case any humans walk through. I don't need them reporting that they saw a dead body in the forest," I said.

     "You were the one that saved me last time when that hunter shot me, wasn't it?" asked Alpha Right. I smiled and nodded.

     "Yeah," I said. He grinned.

     "How much do you know about werewolves?" asked Luna Right.

     "More than you guys," I said.

     "What do you mean by that?" asked Seth.

     "Remember a few days ago when I yelled at you guys about attacking us in the woods?" I asked. Everyone nodded.