Chapter 7 - Halloween Special~

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     It's Halloween! Yes! It's been weeks since my aunt and uncle died. Also it's been weeks since the day when I told Saxon why I was missing for two weeks. I'll admit it, I'm warming up to him. I'm only afraid that if I tell him who I really am, he'll run like a bat out of hell.

     I've returned to school of course, only thing is that, Saxon has been watching and treating me as if I was glass. After a few weeks later, he finally got it through his thick head, that I'm fine and that I'm over it, though I'll always have that weakness part of me when someone will bring up my family. I never realized how much family meant to me, sure May and Keith are like my brother and sister, but they're not blood related. I only have Lucas left and it's not exactly easy when you know that he could be in danger when he goes out and scouts Alpha Right's land for any trespassers. I know I'm acting like an overprotective cousin or something like that, but when your family is wiped out completely and you only have one person left, you'll do anything to protect them.

     Protecting has gotten harder and harder. Everyday when May, Keith, Lucas, and I scout, it seems like the amount of hunters and rogues has doubled or tripled. These last two days though, they've seemed to lay back, call me crazy or something, but I just know they're up to something. I have this bad feeling that something horrible was going to happen, plus the fact that they have been increasing over the past few weeks, then out of no where, they start to lay back, seems suspicious to me.

     "May! Lucas!" roared Keith, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw May and Lucas roaring in laughter. I looked over to the doorway and burst out laughing. Keith's shirt had two holes in it, showing his nipples. His face was something else though. I remember May and Lucas going shopping the other day and bought face paint, I questioned them what they were going to do with that, but they just brushed off my question and paid for it. Now I knew what they did with it. Keith had a mix of blue, pink, green, yellow, and purple blobs all over his face. On his left cheek, it read I'M while on the right cheek it read GAY.

     "Cassidy, don't just sit there and laugh! Look at what they did to me!" roared Keith. I sobered up, but I was still chuckling. I noticed the students were trying hard not to laugh either, yes, we're in school. Saxon and his group were shaking, since they were holding in their laughter.

     I was about to speak, but Leo beat me to it. "Dude! We know it's Halloween, but don't ya' think it's too early in the morning to dress up?" asked Leo. That did it. Everyone burst out laughing as Keith turned red. That sobered me up completely.

     "Shut up!" I roared. Everyone immediately shut up and stared at me. One glare from me had everyone looking back down on their desk, even the teacher was pretending to go over his PowerPoint.

     "Now, if you have anything to say about my best friend, you better say it to my face! That means you too Leo!" I exclaimed whilst staring daggers at him. Leo immediately sobered up and looked at Saxon. Saxon was looking at the floor, obviously not wanting to meet my eyes.

     "May, Lucas, I'll be having a word with you after class. Keith, come on," I said. I walked out of class with Keith hot on my heels. After a while of scrubbing and walking around the hallway, Keith no longer had any face paint or the words I'M GAY on his cheeks. I ran home and grabbed him a extra shirt and threw away the shirt that had holes in them in the trashcan. Keith didn't say a word to me the whole time. I walked to the class door and slammed it open, stopping the teacher from teaching. As soon as everyone saw it was me, they all looked away. The teacher looked at the students whilst the students were looking down at their desks. I stepped to the side and Keith walked in, smirking. I scanned the room for the two familiar faces.