Chapter 8 - Distance Equals Disaster

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     It's only been a week after Halloween so far. Saxon and I have been going out on many dates and I loved each and every one of them. Peter had finally man up and told May that he was a werewolf and that she was his mate. May was a little reluctant at first, but she accepted him. I still had no idea, well, Saxon thinks I have no idea what he is. May told me how Saxon wanted to tell me straight on, little did he know, I already knew. I kept giving him ideas that I wanted him to tell me already. Each time he would hold my hand, I would look down at our hands and frown a bit, since the shocks run throughout my body. Every time I'm far away from him, I can't help but move around, I asked him about it and would always just tell me that he's not ready to tell me.

     May still hasn't told Peter that she's a Protector, she said she would wait until I tell Saxon, then she would tell Peter, but since Saxon hasn't told me that he's a werewolf, she'll have to wait a little while longer. I noticed each time Peter would keep a secret from her, they would get in a fight. At the end of the fight, Peter will always say that how they should never keep secrets from each other, which made May shift in her seat a little and glance at me, since she was hiding a very, big secret from him. I told her to tell him already, but of course, being the little stubborn girl she is, she ignores me.

     Keith and Lucas have been fine. I noticed girls desperately trying to get their attention, but they wouldn't give any girl a second glance, the only girls Keith and Lucas would probably give a second glance was May and I, which resulted for girls to send death glares at us. I knew Keith and Lucas knew that girls would stare at us like that, since they would have a tiny smirk on their lips when I would look at them. Douches.

     For the past few days, I've noticed Saxon being distant from me. I have no idea what's wrong or what I did wrong, since he won't tell me when I ask him, he would just give me the same answer. I found myself crying myself to sleep once in a while, since my wolf side has been feeling guilty about it, while my human side has been feeling...empty. It feels like a part of me has been taken away when Saxon started being distant. I knew I was just paranoid but...I couldn't help it. It doesn't put my thoughts at ease when he would barely give me a second glance anymore, and give other girls his attention.

     "Hey Saxon," a girl purred as she past by Saxon and I, breaking me out of my thoughts. He turned away from me and smiled and waved. See what I mean? I looked around our group and saw Peter, Nick, Leo, and Seth giving me sympathy looks, while Lucas, Keith, and May looked like they were ready to kill. Yeah, Peter, Nick, Leo, and Seth knew what I was thinking, since May told Peter and he told the rest of the group, except Saxon. I didn't mind, since they were all my friends and I trusted them.

     "Hey babe, I'm just going to go to class early, I'll see you later," said Saxon. I sighed and looked over at him, and saw him looking at the girl that just past by, his attention wasn't even on me.

     "Okay, I'll see you soon," I said. He just walked off, not even kissing me like he would usually do, even a hug would've been fine. I frowned and looked at the floor. Maybe he didn't like me, maybe that's why he won't tell me that he's a werewolf. Was he using me?

     "I'll see you guys later," I mumbled and walked away from the group. I headed outside, where I just wanted to be alone. I sat down on the hill that overlooked the football field and let the tears pour out. Was I that repulsive that he didn't want me? I mean I know I'm not the prettiest girl out there, but was I really that bad? I sniffed and tried blinking away the tears, but I couldn't. I looked over at the football field with a blurry vision.