Chapter 25 - Battle Of The Werewolves Part Six

Cassidy's P.O.V.

      I was ready.

      I watched as four rogues jump out through the bushes, three of them were in wolf form, while one of them was still in human form, obviously the leader.

      "We'll wait here, get some rest, you'll need it," the leader barked, causing the other three men to flinch and lay down on the ground and closed their eyes to get some rest.

      The sound of birds flapping away, which meant that they knew what was about to go down in this area, echoed throughout the forest. The sound of water came into range, telling me that a river wasn't to far away. Crickets were no longer chirping as they bounced away from this battle zone, saving themselves. I watched slowly as the sun went down and the full moon began to rise.

      This was it.

      I pulled out an arrow and shot the rogue closest to me. I watched as his body burst into flames and burn him from the outside in. Oh, did I forget to mention that I upgraded my arrows? Yeah, instead of turning into dust, they get to burn. They get to feel the emotions I felt. They get to burn like I did, when I lost my family.

     I was well aware that the rogue's painful whine echoed throughout the forest as the two other rogues stared at him in fear. The leader's eyes were scanning the area, a tad bit of fear burned within him, but he covered it up well enough. I felt some nagging on my mind block, but I had no time to answer to anyone, especially Saxon. I loved him, but I know he would try to convince me to come home and sleep in his arms tonight, but I couldn't. My wolf wanted revenge, she wanted blood. The blood of the bastard who killed my family and almost killed my mate. The bastard that left my father mourning and dying of the pain of the loss of a mate. The bastard that left me as an orphan. The damn bastard that left a werewolf pack losing hope for their pack to recover and once again be the strongest pack in England.

     "Show yourself!" roared the leader, causing the remaining birds to take off like bats out of hell. Silence pierced the air as a gush of cold wind ran through me. I shuddered as the hair on my neck and arms stood up at attention, like small needles. The other two wolves finally snapped their eyes away from their dying fellow wolf, and looked around the forest. Their yellow eyes were coated with fear, pain, and regret. Their fur was no longer soft and smooth like regular wolf's fur. It was caked in mud, leaves, twigs, and other mysterious things I have yet to see. Even from a distance, I can see them shaking a little, telling me they were afraid. They weren't afraid of their leader, no, they were afraid of me.

     I slowly stood up on the tree I was leaning on and crouched down, assessing the small group. I pulled out another arrow and carefully slid it into my bow. I pulled back my right arm and aimed for another rogue. I could see that their ears perked up at this moment, since my steel arrow made a small noise as it slid back against the bow. Fear grew in their eyes as they realized the sound and the possibility of one of them dying right this moment. The other rogue, the one that I was not aiming for, finally let out a small whimper and turned around, and took off. My smirk grew at this. I quickly moved my bow, so I was following his movements. I let go of the bow and watched as it plunged into the rogue's side. He fell to the ground and whimpered, followed by a series of whines and howls. The leader and the last rogue looked at him with eyes wide as he burst into flames. After a few minutes of watching him burn, the flame suddenly disappeared like magic and all was left of the rogue was a pile of dust.

     I was surprised to see the other rogue growl at the woods and stick to his ground. The leader looked over at him with a smile; obviously thinking that he was a committed solder. My eyebrows raised at this. Oh, this was going to be fun. I decided it was enough of playing hide-and-seek, and jumped off from the branch I was crouching down on. Their eyes looked over at me when they heard the crunch of dead leaves and soft footsteps. I emerged from the woods and looked at the leader and wolf with a blank face. The both of their eyes widened when their eyes rested on me. I first looked at the wolf, he was looking at me with lust and want as he scanned my body up and down. I then looked at the leader, he too, was looking at me with a tad bit lust, but it was mostly shock and anger.