Chapter 6 - The Past Is Never To Far Away

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     Do you remember in movies how a new student would walk into the cafeteria, or the school courtyard, or the hallways and everyone would just stop and stare? That's how I feel. I was walking towards the school with Keith's arm thrown over my shoulder, Lucas and May were behind us. Lucas had his arm slung over her shoulder. May and I were in the same position, arms crossed over our chest. That's right people, I'm joining in on going to school with the rest of the group.

     Guys would stop and drool, while girls would stop and gossip. I really hated high school. Which is the reason why I never wanted to go. I walked through the doors, with everyone following close behind us. I was about to step into the office, when someone stopped me. I looked down at the girl who had a fake smile plastered on her face.

     "Hi! I'm Candy-" she started.

     "Move," I said. Her smile instantly turned into a scowl.

     "Look here bitch-" she sneered. She didn't get to finish her sentence because within a blink of an eye, I had her in a arm lock.

     "Listen here bitch, I'm not here to listen to your crap. If you didn't want to start anything, then you didn't have to come up to me," I hissed. I pushed her and watched as she dropped to the floor. Her 'minions' walked up and helped her up. She scowled at me before walking away. May, Keith, and Lucas roared in laughter as I watched the girl and her 'minions' scurry away. I shook my head and mumbled a small "Damn sluts these days", which resulted for Keith, Lucas, and May to roar in laughter, again. I walked into the office and leaned behind the counter. The secretary looked up and her eyes widened. She's a werewolf.

     "Hi, I'm the new student, Cassidy Ruth," I said with a friendly smile on my face. The lady smiled back and began typing away on her computer. A few minutes later she handed me my schedule and locker number and combination. She explained things to me as we walked together down the hall. The bell rang earlier, so Lucas, May, and Keith had to go to homeroom, whilst I stayed and talked to the lady. She was really friendly. Her name was Mrs. Book.

     We walked down the hallway, until we reached my homeroom. My schedule was the same as Saxon, therefore the same as Keith, May, and Lucas, so all I had to do was follow them. Mrs. Book knocked on the door, awaiting for the sign to let her in. A couple seconds later, some man shouted for her to come in. She opened the door and walked in, with me hot on her heels. Everyone stopped and looked up. I notice Saxon stared at me eye wide.

     "Class, this is your new student, Cassidy," said Mrs. Book. I smiled at everyone.

     "Welcome to our class, Cassidy. I understand that your cousin is, Lucas, am I right?" asked the teacher. I looked over at him and nodded slightly. He pointed over to where Lucas, Keith, and May were. I frowned when I realized he was bothering a kid in the back of the class. I shook my head and mumbled, "Idiot."

     "Lucas!" my voice boomed throughout the classroom. His head snapped up to look at me, eyes wide.

     "Your so dead," snickered Keith. May tried hard not to laugh as I continued to glare at Lucas.

     "Hi there cousin, so nice of you to finally join us with your graceful soul," chirped Lucas. I sighed and shook my head.

     "Raise your hand if Lucas bothered you in this class," I demanded. Almost every guy in this class, even Saxon and his groupies, raised their hand. I looked around and nodded my head. I watched as everyone put their hands back down.