I slipped the knife away and jumped back, his swing coming down hard and lodging in the grass before I kicked him, sending him sprawling while I shouted for Chelsea to go. She got Thomas back up and moving and Snow lunged again, straddling his hips as I held his arms down. She pressed her knife to his throat and he looked worried but not at all afraid as he stared her down.

"Who the fuck are you?" She demanded.

"Bite me, Snow."

Instantly she slammed her knife down into his thigh, a scream echoing that made the hair stand on the back of my neck.

"Ready to talk now?" She purred, her face inches from his as she twisted the knife, still pinning him with the other one.

"T-T-Ticci Toby," he spat, "you're f-fucked once Operator gets here!"

"Well I can see why they call you Ticci," I cackled, "singe your tongue in the fire?" He glanced my way and I grinned. "Yeah, now I know who you are. Who has the bounty?!"

"T-Two bounties," he snarled, practically foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog, "one wants you d-dead, the other wants you alive." Toby's lips curled as he grinned. "Everyone wants her."

"Be a little more specific honey, who is everyone?" Snow asked sweetly as she slowly pulled the blade from his skin.

"O-Operator wants a new proxy."

"Tell him he's got to go through me first."

I slammed the butt of my knife into his temple, his eyes closing before his body went limp. I grabbed for Snow and dragged her behind me, something squeezing in my head while we darted through the trees. We found the rocks and waiting below was Chelsea and Thomas, skidding to a halt before I leapt while she practically flew. I swore as I descended the jagged surface and watched her tumble to her feet, just barely sticking my own landing before we started back toward the city. I hadn't seen it before but there was a bag stashed in the trees that she grabbed as we sprinted by.

"Did you guys kill him?!" Chelsea screeched, leaping over a boulder like it was nothing.

"No, something showed up!" Snow shouted back as she pulled ahead, the only thing visible in the darkness being her pale legs while she ran. I stayed right on her heels until we made it to the street, taking a moment to breathe as I did a head count. One, two, three...

"We're all here," I huffed, "let's go before someone else shows up."

Snow readjusted her mask and quickly folded her knives, the four of us taking off in a dead sprint toward the other side of town while we avoided the main streets, sticking to side roads and back alleys until we finally spotted Delilah's house in the distance. My slamming heart finally began to cease while Thomas whipped out the house key and we barreled inside, Delilah jumping from her seat as we slammed the door behind us.

"What the hell—?"

"Proxy," Thomas huffed, locking the door instantly, "jumped us when we found Kitty."

"Jeff, your nose is bleeding."

I could smell it the moment Snow went to get a towel, holding my fingers to the spot and seeing red when I pulled them away. Chelsea dropped down onto the couch while Snow fussed over me and all I could do was focus on her face as she pouted. My free hand raised and she paused while I cupped her cheek.

"You haven't changed a bit," I chuckled incredulously, watching a smile cross her face as I cradled her cheeks, "fuck, am I dreaming? Are you really here?"

"I'm here," she laughed, the sound wrought with her own tears as she gripped my hand tightly, leaning up on her toes before she brushed her lips against mine. I dropped the towel and wrapped her in my arms tightly, never wanting to let go again.