21 | New Partner (s)

Everything went smoothly after Y/n had been in school for a while. It has been one and a half weeks since her first day of school and from what she told me, she was gaining some new friends and keeping up with schoolwork well. I was proud of her overcoming her initial fears. When I got off work early or had a day off, I would make sure to wait in front of her school to drive her home. I just liked to keep up with her life. On the weekend we hung out again, just like before. She even initiated a conversation about that night and we casually talked about it. We didn't talk about why we did it or if it was going to happen again, we just discussed how we liked it. I admit that it was a little weird but somehow it being Y/n didn't make it too weird to begin with.

"What are your plans for this weekend?," I asked her while driving down the road to our apartments. She absently looked into her phone, obviously typing something.

"Huh? Sorry, I just had to reply quickly." She turned off her phone and slid it into the front pocket of her backpack.

"What are your plans for this weekend?" I repeated my question.

"Oh, I don't have anything planned yet. Maybe I'll meet Minkyu again because I haven't seen him since that night at the club."

"Well, if you change your mind or your plans get cancelled, I'm free this weekend. I'll probably work on my assignment that my boss gave me almost no time for but I'd be down to watch a movie with you." From the side of my eyes I could see that she was smiling.

Her reply gave me one too. "I'd like that."

Her phone signaled an incoming message and she took out her phone again, giving me a glance on her lock screen before she was able to unlock it. Why would she receive a message from Yoongi Hyung? My mind drifted to places where she liked him more than me and would not spend as much time with me because she had him now. I quickly shook these thoughts out of my head and focused back on the road and Y/n, whose phone was in her pocket again.

"It's only Tuesday so I'm not sure if he has time for me this weekend. I'll let you know if my plans change."

I nodded at her. "Do you mean Minkyu?"

"Yes.. who else would I mean? We talked about him just now." Her confused answer made me realize that I almost revealed me seeing her message from Yoongi.

"Never mind. I was somewhere else with my thoughts." I tried to laugh it off but she didn't quite buy it. I couldn't blame her.

---

It was Wednesday and surprisingly, my boss let me have the day off. I wanted to surprise her again and drive her home, even though I didn't tell her that I'd come. Normally I inform her about my plans, not that she walks home and misses me by some minutes. But I parked somewhere where I have a good view of the entrance. I got there a little late because I saw that there were many students already walking out of the building. Hopefully she wasn't gone yet.

Your POV

As soon as the bell rang I packed up my things and made my way to the back entrance. He wanted to be able to drive me home once so we arranged to meet in the back of the school, just not to raise any suspicion. I was just cautious of what my class mates would think of me, and me being seen with someone who was 7 years older probably wouldn't be the best thing.

"Hi!" I stepped out of the building and walked towards the one leaning on his car, waiting for me. He engulfed me in a hug and guided me to the passenger side of his car.