31 | Reality

"Yes, I'm coming, just a minute." I was annoyed at him for interrupting our conversation but at the same time knew that it wasn't his fault. I guess I just wanted to have this minute with Y/n for us alone.

"I'll tell you later – they clearly need you." Y/n looked up at me with eyes that seemed to hold a thousand emotions. She smiled at me and I knew that whatever it was, it could wait and she wouldn't be mad. She never was. The one thing about her that always completely threw me off was how understanding she was. I didn't know one person that was half as understanding as her. It made me admire and love her even more. Realizing I got lost in my thoughts I quickly gave her hands a short, affirming squeeze and we joined the others again.

The kitchen was a mess. Even though Y/n did an amazing job at keeping it clean during dinner, now that everyone was gathered in that space it looked horrible. The dishes were clean but they were piled on the counters, there were so many empty bottles of wine and one shattered on the ground. Someone must've touched it with their arm or something.

"Oh no! Guys, pay attention please there's glass on the floor." Y/n hurried to the cupboard to get the little broom I kept in there and immediately started to clear the floor of the broken pieces of glass. The others took some steps back as to avoid getting cuts.

"Jungkook, could you please come over and help me figure out the dishwasher for the second load", Yoongi was calling me.

"Yeah, sure." I pushed through the small crowd in the kitchen to help him when I heard an "ouch".

"Oh, I cut myself." I saw Y/n suck on her finger to stop the blood flow and had the sudden urge to get to her and help her. Yoongi tapped me on the shoulder and looked at me expectantly. "Can you help me now or what?"

I was torn between helping them but when I started moving in the direction of Y/n, I saw Jimin helping her up and guiding her towards the bathroom. "Can someone take over the cleaning for her? Don't just stand there and watch.." He mumbled while walking away, not before giving me an assuring nod. I interpreted it as him saying "I'll take care of her, don't worry". I'm not sure when or how he figured it out. That I was absolutely crazy for her and was worried about her. Still, I had an eerie feeling about it. Wasn't he the first person she kissed here? Didn't they even go to her place afterwards? I tried hard to shake off my bad thoughts while not trying to worry about her too much and finally helping Yoongi with the dishwasher.

After having cleaned up everything, we were sitting in my living room, like we always did. Some of us on the couch, some of us scattered around the couch on the rug.

Someone came up with the brilliant idea of playing truth or dare again, just like we did on that first night. We kept talking about it before actually starting to play, everyone reminded of how time flew by and it was such a long time ago. I'm not actually a fan of the game but if it means that we get to have fun, I'm always in, no matter how stupid it seems to me. Everyone else seemed excited so I was starting to like it too.

Jimin started off with a question for Taehyung: "Is that girl you've been seeing your girlfriend now?" We all gasped because this has been a question he told us to avoid and a topic we didn't dare to touch on. Y/n clapped excitedly and her big smile made me burst out laughing. How could someone be so precious? I saw that her finger had a big band aid on it and I was relieved to see that the blood had stopped running. In that moment, she caught me looking at her and her smile grew even bigger, even though I didn't think that could be possible.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and made it clear that he really wanted to avoid this question. But rules are rules and so he finally admitted that they've been considered a couple for a few days now. Everyone cheered and congratulated him. I loved the atmosphere at the moment, so happy and light – the way it has not been for a very long time. I got reminded of Y/n's journey and her time spent at home and felt my chest tightening. Now was definitely not the time to cry. Luckily, I got distracted by someone loudly laughing and I could focus on the game again.