Episode 3 - Some detective work

Maam: What?? So everyone had lied to me.

Khushi interrupted : Maam I was honestly at home. You can very well asked my dadi.

Others prompted by signalling something to her. But Khushi took no notice of them.

Maam : Ok Khushi I believe you. But others! You've got a hell outta me. You know? Your principal had asked me to give your names and do the proceedings.

Jeevitha: What proceedings?

Others hit her by their elbows indicating her to stop asking her. Maam wrote all others name except Khushi's. Others fumed with resentment.

Maam: Khushi, you may leave.

Khushi: Thank you maam.

She walks away sensing them remarking about her from behind. As she moves she asked herself "was it Asr?".

But Asr was studying in another college which is known for its posh name. Why would he join this college? Afterall he is very much rich.... Was she daydreaming ? No, there was definitely a guy descending the steps as Jeevitha had also seen him. She reiterates her memory of the guy descending the steps with shoulder strap. Might be, it would have been another guy whom she is matching with Arnav. She shrugs and goes to her class. No matter how coolly she takes the situation, it still reiterates in her mind.

Khushi: Excuse me maam, May I come in?

Maam: Why are you late? It's been 20 minutes since the third hour has started and where are the others?

Khushi: Maam, Latha maam had called me to meet her during the break hour. Others are still there.

Maam: Oh ya I know! But the way, where did you go yesterday.

Khushi: I went Home.

Maam: Don't you know that you are supposed to inform us?

Khushi: Sorry Maam.

Maam: Get inside.

Khushi comes inside and sits. The others who were caught came back to the class in group glaring at Khushi. How could she escape alone? The Lecturer asked them as well.

Jeevitha: Maam, we went to watch a movie.

The boys who were in the class had their eyes similar to orbs.

Maam (with a smile): It's not bad to go for a movie, but why did you all bunk the class?

Riya: Maam, we wanted to watch it first day with first show.

Boys in the class giggled. Girls were all listening curiously.

Maam (with a raised eyebrow): What did your maam say?

Nayantara: Well, she asked us to meet the principal and he gave us a warning.

Maam: Okay don't repeat it again. Get inside.

The girls came inside and eyed Khushi. Khushi took no notice of their glares but instead felt pity for them as they had to meet the principal. Khushi used to sit alone in the class. So she never cared what others thought of her as she doesn't need them for any purpose. She wants friends to be made with heart and not for a purpose.

Monisha: psst listen folks. How could she escape like that? Why didn't the class teacher punish her. Perhaps her face is similar to a nerd.

Nayantara: Well, as the fact says she was at home or perhaps she went out with her granny, she ought to be let go off.

Riya: Offoh Why to discuss about things that are over.

Monisha: No Riya, It's just that....

Maam: Enough!! Listen here. .. Do you want to meet the principal again?

Monisha (standing up): Oooops sorry maam.

Khushi who was lost in her thoughts was getting difficult to concentrate, the hour. She keeps her hand on forehead, resting the elbow on the table, deeply contemplating.

Few months pass by. The semesters are over and Khushi secures the first mark in the class. The boys congratulate her and the 'movie group' envies her.

One day,

Maam: Listen everyone, there is supposed to be a renovation in the third floor. So from tomorrow onwards, you are all supposed to shift to the 5th floor. Anyways, the next year you all would be there already by this time.

Riya: So, the senior class would be next to ours na?

Everyone giggles.

Maam: Shut up! Yes as a matter of fact.

Khushi :So Nayantara, where would the class be?

Nayantara: As if I know? Anyways what difference would that make for you? You'll remain the same wherever you go. Being alone. Hmm.

Khushi's face fell. She is not this cheeky type as well as not a funny one too. Who'll understand her? After all she had gone through her school days.

(But Nayantara... you probably didn't know what... This change would make a massive change in Khushi's life. )

The next day,

Khushi went to the 5th floor and the corridors were like a dungeon for her. But she liked it anyhow. She was late to the class and hurried inside. Then came the break hour. To her utter astonishment, she saw the same guy. He was walking past the corridor. She then went to the washroom and came back and saw the guy entering his class. He gave a look to Khushi standing there and went inside. Khushi's heartbeat raised. She was coming back to her class past his class and said to herself "No Khushi! Don't turn to look at him. Otherwise the other guys would mistake you. On the worst case , what if the guy mistakes you? " She went past holding her breath. The other boys of the senior class were outside the corridor near the washroom to see the new girls (hehe 'sight seeing').

A few days went like this for Khushi by eyeing him. It's like every day she comes to the college just for the break hours. 30 minutes of break and 10 minutes of eyeing him had become a habit for Khushi. This continued for days. Khushi became very much anxious. She felt like talking to him. After all she has got no friends. What if he thinks her wrong? Who might he be? It's totally unsafe for her to just go like that and talk to him. She tried to stalk him in fb but couldn't find his profile oops! Yeah she doesn't even know his name. How could she find him without knowing his name. She didn't want to ask any of her friends as well as it would lead to suspicions also she wanted to find his name by herself. She tried to find his name through the common department database. But blow! She could only find his register no and not his name. (As she knew his roll no, she was easily able to match it with the register no (:once she heard him answering the attendance for that no while passing the corridor:)) But his name was the most important point here. What if the name turns out to be Arnav Singh Raizadha?

"Dhak Dhak Dhak Dhak Dhak Dhak " beat her heart.

It has been 2 years since she met him.

But then something as hard as a hammer just struck her. By this register no she could login and match it with his Name. She went home hurriedly and switched on the computer. But then she remembers that they need the dob as well. So now what? She calculated, I was born in 199- he is a year elder to me so most probably it must be 199- minus 1. So she entered the year. But she needs to know the month as well as the day. Now what???? Yeah you all guessed it right . She entered all the possible days from jan 1 to dec 31 of that particular year and tried to login. Thank god there was no limitations while entering the numbers. (Huufff! This much???? You could go directly and ask him instead Khushi... Why are you so scared????). Her heart beat fast after pressing the enter button each time. What if at this time it would open? What if the name flashes as Asr. But then Khushi also tried Asr's dob. Her heart beat really fast. Her hands were shaking to press the enter button. Then it flashed her... "wrong Data" Khushi lets a sigh of relief thinking that he might not be Asr.. But Asr could have also changed his dob as well. She knew that he is a clever person. To hide his identity, he might do anything.