Special Part 2: Kenma's Birthday

Note: Hi, I'm sure you're surprised to see my story update in your notifications. Well, this part is Kenma's Birthday Special since I unconsciously killed him on his birthday. That was my mistake since I'm picking a date in the month of October when I was writing the Ending, (October is my birth month) and the exact date when I will finish Sunflower, sad to say, I picked October 16 which is his birthday that I forgot. I'm sorry.

Another Note: This supposed to be updated right on Kenma's birthday but I was really busy that day doing my school works but here you go.

Last Note: The photo is Yuuji's side story. You might wanna check it out.

ENJOY READING!

October 16, 10:23 am.

The SUNFLOWER Flower Shop was really crowded early in the morning.

It was the Flower Shop's first event since it was renovated, again. The shop now has a second floor and even more helpers since it expanded. The flowers that are on sale inside the flower shop increased as well. Sometimes, they're featured in some TV Shows and are popular in the city.

Akaashi smiled while looking at the crowd of people inside the flower shop from the second floor. The second floor was mainly for staffs and flowers, especially for the two flowers Akaashi's been taking care of.

He decided to hide the flowers from the public since those were the center of attention whenever customers came in. He's afraid that they might get stolen from him and he doesn't want that to happen.

Instead, he installed a big bulletin board near the cashier where the photos of the two rare flowers are pinned. Akaashi also put a flat screen TV facing the glass window which shows the video of Kenma and Yuuji's plants.

Today's main event was 'Sunflower a Day Drives the Sadness Away'. After paying for the flowers they bought, customers will receive a sunflower bag which contains a pen, a keychain, a foldable fan and a book, all in sunflower theme.

Not to mention, Akaashi's book was really popular.

"Akaashi-san... I heard your book was kinda expensive." It was Hinata from the back, he looked so tired.

"Yeah, because it was a self-published book." Akaashi answered, "why?"

"Then why give it free to the customers who'll buy flowers? Some are just buying a single stem of rose just to get a sunflower bag." He pouted. "Not to mention, your book is out of stock."

Akaashi chuckled and faced Hinata who seemed curious.

"It doesn't matter to me, Hinata. Did you see the little girl earlier who's counting her coins in the counter just to pay a single stem of rose?"

Hinata nodded as he remembered the little girl, about 9 years old. "Yeah, I did. What about her?"

Akaashi smiled and leaned on the terrace. "At the moment Konoha-san gave the sunflower bag to her, her face lit up. That was the purpose of this event, Hinata. Sunflower a day drives the sadness away. So no matter what kind of item they'll buy, everyone will receive the bags."

Hinata looked at the crowd of people from the second floor and there, he understood what's the real meaning of their event's quote.

A group of teenagers just squealed after opening the bag, all of them took the book out of the bags.