Lyric: Forty-Four

Melrose POV:

After reading the text that Kai had sent me, I made to sure quickly respond so Jin wouldn't notice. But after I pressed send, Jin instantly snuggled himself deeper onto my legs! The last thing I expected him to do was to have me be his pillow. But it's only for a little while, Kai said that he'll let me know when he returns. Though I wonder where he went-

"What are you thinking about?" Jin asked once I realized he was looking directly at me!

"Huh? Oh...just, a lot of things I guess...you know how much I tend to overthink things." I said to him as I tried to cover his upper body with the sheets.

"Melrose...tell me, how were you when you were a child? Seeing how you are now, I take you to be a shy little girl." He explained with a light chuckle...

Giggling along with him, I was a little shocked that he was interested in wanting to know more about me. However, I don't mind sharing my memories with him if it could help him take his mind off things...

"I was the complete opposite. My younger sister was the one who was the shyest and I was always the most obnoxious. But our roles began to switch the moment we started to get older, I noticed that the more I went to school. The quieter I became, always being nervous and shy talking with others. However, my sister had no issue when it came to socializing. And to be honest...when she began dating, I guess you can say my self-esteem went down since I never had a boyfriend..." I explained to him as I stared out the window.

For so long, my standards of living have always been just going to school and then working afterward. I never thought of anything else, going to football games, parties, or even dating. I don't know why, but none of that interested me, the only thing I found passion in was doing makeup. It just always amazed me how many different types of looks you can do, and I never thought of doing makeup on a guy since I've always seen mostly women wearing it. But I'm glad Jin was my first, I wouldn't ask for anyone else...

"What about now?" He asked in a soothing voice.

"Huh? What are you asking?"

I asked in confusion once I looked back down at him. But he gently smiled as he reached his tired-like hand towards me. Tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, he rested his fingers along my jawline before letting out a heavy sigh...

"Would you...want a boyfriend now? Is your heart... interested in someone?"

He faintly asked as his fingers moved ever so lightly against my neck. However, the tingling sensation sent shivers down my spine!

I was growing worried that Jin would see the hickeys that Kai had left on me! It's not that I'm ashamed of having them, but I don't want anyone to find out we're together, especially, Jin. I don't wanna worry him nor would I want him or Kai to argue more with one another. But it's just so hard having to lie, I don't wish to keep anything from Jin. But what would he do if I told him the truth? Would he be disappointed? I mean, just by the way Jin is staring at me right now...so restless and tired, the expression of someone so sad...

"I...I don't know...maybe, I have grown interested in someone." I said to him before he looked directly at my neck before shutting his eyes.

"I see...I wonder who the lucky guy is?"

He spoke in a broken voice before putting his hand back down. He then adjusted his head more comfortably on my lap before holding onto my hand more firmly...

"What about you? Is there someone you're interested in?" I asked him in a quiet voice as I saw how fluffy his blonde hair was.

"Hmm...I guess you can say I have, but I don't think... she's interested in me. Either way...it won't change how I feel about her, she will always be special to my heart, no matter what." He explained before drifting off to sleep.