Lyric: Thirty-Eight

MelRose POV:

"I don't understand why you won't just send me a free poster or something, it shouldn't be that hard to get one. Just ask your job if they can give you an ExEx Idol poster and-"

"Sam, now isn't the time to be talking about that. I'm running late-"

"Late for what? I thought you always have Sundays off, wait! Are you going on a date-"

"It's not like that!"

I shouted at my sister over the phone, I wasn't expecting her to call me so suddenly this morning. Though I should see it as a blessing since I forgot to set my alarm last night! Luckily I took a shower before bed, but I'm still having to rush myself in getting ready to meet Jin.

"Ooh! By the sound of your voice it's a date, okay, tell me who it is! Is he tall? How old is he? Does he work in the same company as you? What does he look like-"

"Oh my god, listen to yourself. You sound creepy asking that many questions. As I said before it's not a date, it's....just me and this other person grabbing lunch and just hanging out-"

"Oh, sis...your virgin innocence is so cute sometimes. You know what, call it whatever you want. But know that a guy would never ask a girl out anywhere if they weren't interested..."

My sister explained with excitement, though her voice seemed to die down a bit once I heard her sigh. Putting on my shoes, I double-checked if I had everything including my face mask before heading out the door.

"Sam? Are you okay?" I asked while making my way down the apartment.

"It's nothing...I just feel like, everything is flowing so well for you. I mean, you're living the dream that most girls would want. Working in the same company as ExEx Idol, living in Korea...and now, you're going on a date-"

"It's not a date-"

"Whatever, the point is...I feel like I'm stuck and not moving like you are. I'm not sure if that's making any sense-"

"No, I know exactly what you're trying to say because I felt that way too. Sam, you have one more year of high school left. After you graduate, you can do whatever you want that will make you happy, don't ever feel like you're being left behind- oh! Sorry, Sam, I got another call from the person I meeting with! Hey, uhh... I'll call you later when I have time. Tell Mom and Dad I love them okay, bye."

With my phone vibrating next to my ear, I knew that it was probably Jin who was contacting me. I didn't mean to hang up on Sam so quickly, but I can't keep Jin waiting any more than I have already! Once I reached the sidewalk, I waved down a cab while answering Jin's call.

"Jin! Hey, I'm so sorry, I'm on my way to the meeting spot right now. I accidentally slept in and-"

"Melrose, it's okay. I'm just glad you're fine. I thought that something must have happened... the worst case was that I thought I'd been stood up."

He said with a playful laugh as I instantly smirked at his comment. Giving the cab driver the directions of where I needed to go, he began to drive us off as I finally rested myself back on the chair.

"You know I would never do that to you...I should be getting there in about 15 minutes." I said to him as I stared at the time on my watch.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you then. See you soon..." I heard him voice out at me before we both got off the phone.

It's like this weekend came by so quickly, it feels like it was only yesterday when Jin had asked me out. Though I'm starting to feel nervous, this will be my first time going on a date with a guy. And there was no way in hell I was going to tell Sam who I was going out with. I would never hear the end of it with her, but most importantly...I have to be very careful today. Of course, I'm feeling anxious, but I'm surprised that Jin seems completely okay with going out into the public eye right now. Hopefully, he keeps his appearance well hidden so no one could recognize him...