Lyric: Sixteen

Kai's POV:

"Kai...what are you doing!?"

Rose asked sounding shocked by my actions, though even I was surprised by what I was doing. But I just felt like I needed to hug her before I said anything else, Rose and I left on complicated terms when she was last here in Korea. But now that she's here, I wish to start over with her...

"I'm sorry...for making you cry last time." I voiced out in deep sorrow as I held her more closely.

"It's okay...you already apologized-"

"I want to appropriately apologize this time, I know we talked on the phone a bit when you were overseas. But when you stopped responding to my texts, I thought you probably hated me. So I was relieved when you explained why you weren't replying... "

As I said that, I felt Rose place her hand on my arm, it was comforting as she rested the back of her head against my chest. Leaning my forehead close to hers, I was able to smell the sweet scent of her shampoo again...

"Well, if we're gonna appropriately apologize...then I'm sorry too for the things I've said. I'm also sorry for hitting you down there...I was just really panicked when I saw you again. It's strange but I tend to forget you're a famous singer. That you're so popular and known worldwide almost, so I never would have thought I would ever kick a celebrity."

She said in a light chuckle, removing my arms I took a few steps back and waited for her to turn around.

"I don't need an apology, I deserved it. You might find this hard to believe, but I don't like to consider myself famous...ExEx Idol is what's famous, not me. You have the world looking at me and my group for what we do and say. We had to paint this false image of being almost perfect, just take a look at your contract if you need an example of what I'm saying."

I said to her as she faced me with a concerned look, She then gazed her eyes at the table that had the contracts waiting for her to sign as she made her way towards them. And as she began to read over the papers, her expression changed to someone looking completely shocked...

"Are you serious, you...all of you members have to remain single for 7 years?! That's ridiculous, you'll be 30 by then- wait, what!? You can't talk to the opposite sex unless they are staff or family?! You can't change your hairstyle either without the company's permission. You must be in contact with manager Sang every day?! These rules are way too strict- huh! There are more rules in the back of this page!?" She said in disbelief as she kept looking through the contract...

"What you're reading is just the rules, that's not even the worst part. Manager Sang also goes through my phone and the other members as well to make sure we're not doing anything scandalous. We're also not allowed to have our social media accounts. It must be shared and approved within the company if we post any pictures of ourselves. But that isn't what I wanted you to read, what you're reading is the rules that must be respected in the company. Here...I want you to read what it says about me."

I began to explain as I took the paper away from her hands, but while I was trying to look for the page I wanted her to see. She sank herself to the floor with a pale look on her face!

"Rose! Are you okay!? What's wrong?!" I asked her worriedly as I crouched down next to her.

"What are we gonna do? We've been texting each other these last few days. I've even been texting Jin! I know I'm part of the staff now, but this was before-"

"Don't worry about that, Jin, Zack, and I have a security lock on our messages. Without the password, no one can read them. It's a pretty cool setting that one of the staff members showed me a few years ago. So our manager could only see the messages I want him to see."