Chapter Thirty: An Education

He tasted of fairytales; chaste and utterly tantalizing.

Malik licked Noah's lips still laced with the sweetened spices from their dinner. He coaxed them open and his tongue sought his just as a hand cupped the back of his head. Pulling close, the fabric of Noah's sweater grazed Malik's wet chest and when their tongues met, he moaned. With slow, calculated steps, Malik walked backward and pushed Noah forward leading them inside the bedroom.

"Arms around my neck," he whispered against Noah's ear. Bless him, he obeyed and Malik lifted the younger boy whose legs wrapped around his waist. Malik savored the feel of him, he was light with eyes so near and hooded, Malik could've counted those golden lashes. He pecked his lips and Noah gasped as Malik left them wanting more, moving to rain kisses on the pulsing veins against his neck.

"Please," Noah begged. Malik was relentless; he nibbled on his earlobe while moving them to the bed, arranging Noah to sit on his lap, on his growing hardness. His hand snaked under Noah's sweater, delighted to find he wore nothing beneath it. Noah's pants were louder, and he arched his back, huffing his chest before Malik, who used his free hand to slide the zipper down.

"Wait, wait," Noah said between gasps.

Malik drew his hands and rested them on Noah's slender waist. "What is it?"

His adam's apple bobbed. "There are things you should know..."

No.

It had been torture to stop himself from touching this boy. He'd researched the night terrors, the anxiety, studied his reactions, and had suspected the worst.

Malik's libido was dampened. "Were you...assaulted?"

"What?"

Malik drew the towel to maintain the barrier between them. "I understand if this is not something you wanna talk about but I have to know. Were you sexually abused?"

Noah dropped his arms from around his neck. "No! Why would you...I wouldn't have approached you if I thought I could infect you."

Malik grimaced. "That's not what I'm worried about."

"You don't need to be kind about this too," Noah took an interest in the pattern on the bedsheets, "If you don't want me, I get it. You can have anyone—"

"I don't want anyone."

"You're out of my league. I saw how people stare when you enter a room or a basketball court," he smiled sadly. "It's alright."

Malik cupped his face and he closed his eyes. Malik kissed each lid and the tip of his perfect nose. "I wanted you the second I saw you. But I can't be one of your monsters. When I'm around you I no longer feel like I have to pretend or embellish or hide." A tear slid down Noah's cheek and Malik wiped it with his thumb. ''You freed me. You...it goes beyond want."

Noah blinked and more tears flowed. Malik leaned in and captured his lips drinking his tears and the anguish causing them. The last thing he meant to do was make him cry; he got all mushy and squishy and god it was real.

"I keep waiting," Noah said between kisses," for you to throw me out. I don't know what this is."

"It's whatever you want it to be."

Noah shifted on Malik's lap. "Your belt is digging..."

They both stared at the bugle between Malik's legs.

"You're not wearing a belt.''

"No one showers with a belt on."

Noah licked his lips. "I have to warn you. I don't look like you."