"You know, one call and I could have her on your doorstep in the middle of the night," I mentioned menacingly as I sat up, my eyes narrowed into a glare, "I'd watch my tone if I were you."

She scowled, mocking me under her breath as she returned to her seat and Chris offered me a sly grin and a fist bump as we pulled up to the school. I hiked my backpack higher onto my shoulders as we walked and eventually Chris and I were lost to the masses, just another two kids swimming in the sea of other students. I actually hated it here, every high-school movie stereotype applied in these halls and that left little old me as the weird black sheep in a sea of varsity coats and cheerleader uniforms. I waved Chris off before I slammed my locker shut, trotting off to first period and taking my seat in the back while Ms. Philips started on the lecture for today. I should swap English to first period, at least it'd be more entertaining than this.

The Arizona heat started to seep in by the time it hit third period and I simply shrugged my jacket off, tying it around my waist and effectively hiding the midriff that showed. Even if I couldn't go out and get piercings and tattoos like Kitty yet I still found my own ways to have a little rebellion and I held my head a little higher, my smile a little wider. The bell rang for lunch and I packed up my books, walking down the hall to my usual spot in the window by the library and relaxing for the short amount of time we had.

For some reason I felt awfully strange today, something nagging in the back of my mind that I just couldn't remember, or be bothered to at least. I paused my music and went to my gallery, most of it filled with junk and dumb internet memes, but there was one video I always went back to. Kitty was dressed in a striped bodysuit, her hips poking through the high cut while her jeans hugged her legs tightly. She'd always dressed to the nines even when she was in lazy clothes. A smile pulled on my face as she whipped her knives around playfully, Jeff grinning at my cousin with nothing but love in his eyes. Every time I watched this it struck me how much they actually cared about each other.

"Hold still!"

Kitty's laugh echoed as she kicked his knife into the air and I made a little motion with my finger as it arched and landed on the ground. He'd just been about to let Kitty up when my phone was suddenly yanked from my hands, my earbuds detaching and making the audio play as Claudia took a look for herself, her two lackeys present on either side of her. Malcolm wasn't typically as bad as the girls but Yoni was a ruthless, heartless bitch.

"Is little baby Nina celebrating her birthday all by herself over here?" Claudia's voice dripped with venom as the gears clicked in my head. It's my fucking birthday! No wonder I was feeling weird.

"You almost hit me! I'm hurt, baby."

"Aw, want me to kiss it better?"

"What is this, some kind of weird porn?" Claudia snickered before she actually watched the video. Malcolm and Yoni seemed were interested as my hands twitched, itching to reach out and take it back but I knew she had more strength than me. Dammit Nina get your shit together!

"Whoa, is that Jeff the Killer?" Malcolm laughed incredulously as he pointed at the screen.

"Give it back!"

I lunged from my seat and she held the phone over my head, my blood boiling as they continued to watch. This was my family, my private life, you didn't deserve to see it.

"I didn't know your cousin was actually another fan girl like you." Yoni grinned as she took the phone for herself. "Where the hell is this video? YouTube?"

"Look at that, she took it herself! Isn't that incriminating evidence?" Claudia whistled, "seeing a pair of killers and not calling the police? Shame, we'll have to report it ourselves."