Chapter 14 - I'll see you soon...

My life flashed before my eyes at the sound of the gunshot. I thought I was dead but... strangely, I don't feel a single pain.

The loud thud behind me got my attention. It was a dead infected.

I looked back at Isabelle and scoffed. "Jesus, I thought you were aiming at me."

She sighed and cocked the rifle. "Get yourself together, woman. We need to get out of here," she said as she leaped over a massive log.

I just stared at her, wondering why she didn't call me by my name.

Did I hear that right?

"H-hey! That wasn't very respectful!" I scolded.

She didn't look back and instead ran towards Dean, who was asking for help over the distance.

"Belle!" I called, but she completely ignored me.

Gunshots echoed as she fired on the three infected approaching Dean-killing all of them simultaneously.

Impressive.

Dean then sprinted towards us with a smile on his face.

"Thanks, I almost died-" he paused after seeing me.

I didn't say a word and just gave him a sharp look. He knows why I'm looking at him this way.

Bastard abandoned me earlier.

"You good?" he asked, looking at me.

"Yeah?" I replied sarcastically.

I swear I'm going to stab him with this knife he gave me.

"We can't stay here. Follow me," he said and started running.

Isabelle glanced at me with a blank stare before following him.

What is going on with her? Can't she recognize me?

I erased all my thoughts and started running to catch up to them.

This forest is so dense, with lots of bushes and logs scattered around the area, it's like a parkour course.

Despite the extreme pain coming from my arm, I jumped and leaped over every obstacle along the way. The opened wound had already turned the bandage red because of the amount of blood that escaped.

I'm getting tired. Where are we going anyway?

Isabelle looked back at me and aimes her rifle in my direction. She pulled the trigger, and an infected to my left fell straight to the ground.

"Go! I'm right behind you!" I said and forced my legs to move.

It didn't take long before we reached a body of water. In front of us is the huge waterfall that Dean showed me earlier. It really is majestic now that I'm close to it.

Suddenly, Dean jumped into the water and started swimming.

"What is he doing?" I asked.

"There's a cave behind that waterfall. Since infected can't swim, we'll be safe there." Belle explained before jumping into the water without hesitation.

I looked around and saw the horde getting close to our position.

"Screw it." I muttered as I jumped in.

"We'll swim on the side. Don't even try diving underneath it." Dean instructed as he slowly approached the waterfall.

I followed Belle and got on the other side of the waterfall with ease.