Chapter 23 - Shane

"No..."

Belle heard my mumble and turned her head to see what was going on.

"Dean!" she screamed.

"Ah, that felt good." Shane chuckled as she wiped the bloody knife on her clothes.

She was about to walk out when Dean's hand suddenly moved and grabbed her in the leg.

"Oh, look, he's still alive," she said before kicking him in the face and stomping on his body a couple more times.

"Get your feet off of him!" Belle snarled as she broke free from my arms and rushed towards Shane.

I tried stopping her, but she just pushed my hands away.

Shane then grabs Belle's hair and throws her into the corner. "Stupid brat!"

"SHANE!" I charged at her recklessly, and we both dropped to the floor.

I landed a few punches on her face, but she replied with a heavy punch of her own to my right cheek, which caused me to back off a bit.

Crap, that hurt.

"Teaming up, huh?" Shane smirked after Belle encircled her arms around her neck.

"Cyra! Stab her!" Belle called.

I didn't waste a second and took the opportunity. I quickly reached for my knife to go for the kill, but then she kicked me away and elbowed Belle twice in the body.

Damn it!

Belle groaned in pain as she dropped to the floor while letting out multiple coughs.

I regained my posture and attacked Shane for the second time, but she quickly grabbed my arms with her hands.

"Slow," she smirks, headbutting me.

I backed off because of the pain, and she kicked me afterwards. The next thing I knew was that she was sitting on top of my body.

"Two versus one? That's not fair." She smiled and placed both of her hands around my neck.

Can't... breathe.

I tried poking her eyes with my fingers, but she lifted her head so I couldn't reach them.

"Fucker!" I cussed and punched the side of her body.

Her grip immediately loosened, followed by a scream of pain.

"You liked that?" I scoffed.

She gave me a murderous look and tried to stand up, but failed miserably.

"W-what the hell?" she said in a confused tone.

"A punch in the liver. It hurts, doesn't it?" I quickly grabbed her rifle lying on the floor, but was startled as she launched herself at me once again.

How in the hell is she still moving?

I tried giving her another punch on the body, but she aggressively pulled my shirt and threw me outside the hut.

Crap...

The smell of grass and soil is all over my nose. I looked in front and saw Shane closing the door behind her.

"I'll deal with those two later. Now stay still so I can shoot a hole right through your face," she said, pointing her bolt-action rifle at me.

Left without a plan, I stare at her as I watch my life flash before my very own eyes.

Move your legs... Move your legs!

I rolled to the side and sprinted behind the trees. Gunshots echoed throughout the area, so I dashed towards the thicket to get some distance.