You/Alex Danvers - Captain

"And this is where you'll be working with Captain Danvers, she'll arrive in a few minutes with the new coordinates

"And this is where you'll be working with Captain Danvers, she'll arrive in a few minutes with the new coordinates. If there's anything you need, just let any of us know."

The girl turns around and heads for the exit before stoping and turning back around.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I'm Kara Danvers. I'm First Mate. I'll leave you alone to get acquainted with the controls. It was nice to meet you (y/n)."

You give her a smile and a nod.

"It was nice to meet you too Kara."

With her gone, you walk around the room, trying to guess what each of the control panels did. When you told the captain that you were willing to take on any job, you didn't think that she would put you to work with her. It made you nervous just thinking about all the possible ways that you could mess things up. The door slamming open manages to snap you out of your thoughts.

"You're (y/n), right? I hired you at the port?"

"Yes! Thank you again for this opportunity. I owe you a debt of gratitude Captain Danvers."

She shakes her head and makes her way to the window of the deck to look at the horizon.

"You can thank me by doing your job right. I know you won't let me down, right?"

"Of course not, Captain Danvers. I'll do my best to prove my worth."

"Good. Now lets get started. There's a lot to go over."

X

It's almost an hour later when she's done going over the control panels. You were about 1/3 into your training and you already wanted to quit. You understood what each machine did but it was difficult to read what the screen showed. Captain Danvers would read what the screen had and when you looked down to check for yourself, you couldn't see what she was reading. All the letters were turned around, making it hard for you to read.

"Pretty easy huh? We updated everything to the latest models. It should make our job much easier."

"Y..yeah. This looks pretty easy."

"Good! You'll shadow me for this week and then you'll take the reigns. Don't worry! I'll stick around to make sure that you understood everything so you won't be alone your first week. I'll let you go today and then we can start bright and early tomorrow. See you tomorrow, (y/n)."

X

The end of the week was around the corner and you weren't ready to start handling the ship. Captain Danvers was patient with you when you asked questions but you weren't sure that she would be patient when you told her that it was difficult for you to read. She hadn't heard the full story of why the rest of the captain's didn't want to hire you but everything was going to come to light on Monday.

The night before, you couldn't sleep. When your alarmed rung, you reluctantly stood up and began to get ready for your last day on the ship.

"Woah. Did you get any sleep? You look exhausted? Maybe you should take the day off and we can start tomorrow?"