Chapter Thirty-One

Oliver's POV

It has only been a two weeks since we brought Sophie back to the house and honestly I'm already tired of Danielle's lack of attention. I assumed that sure a little bit of it would be gone but she never leaves the girl alone. I think about it some more as I sit in my office.  I have been in here for the last few hours " working" it's not that I don't like the girl she seems sweet but honestly I just don't feel the connection to her like Danielle does. Perhaps I made a mistake when I got in touch with the child welfare lady.

I look at my watch taking note that it's past 7 pm. I stand up and make my way around my desk  getting ready to make my grand entrance to the ladies who could be heard from the living room laughing away at something.  I think about everything that's going on and come to terms that I really don't want children in my life. I thought maybe I could do it when it was my own and I tried to be supportive of Danielles little dream of mothering this girl but  I just don't feel it.  She's getting better every day and the bruises have faded. Once the casts are off her arm and leg and she can start walking with out our aid I think I'm going to contact her family to get her out of my house for good. Danielle will thank me one day for it I'm sure and then finally we can go back to having a normal life. 

I don't think I'm meant to have kids and Danielle is getting to obsessed with the girl....

Sophie's POV

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since Danielle asked me to be her little girl.. honestly it's been amazing I .. I never thought that this oh god it's just amazing . I'm currently laying on this fluffy mat that's spread across the floor watching sponge bob. I finally am feeling a lot better minus my arm but it's okay. I got a new casts and Dani.. mommy drew hearts all over them!   I sit up from my fluffiness and could see my nala stuffie across the room I scoot my diapered butt towards the couch and pull myself up in the standing position quickly  to get her before mommy comes back from the kitchen. I wobble on my cast to walk, I stop and listening trying to make sure I can get her before mommy comes in to see what I'm doing.  I continue on my journey across the room .. almost there..

"Sophie Davis was are you doing young lady ?!  You sit on that tushy right now!" I could hear a mix of anger and worry in her voice instantly bringing tears to my eyes. I plop on my butt and could feel my bottom lip quiver. I look up to see a frown on her face  rubbed my teary eyes with my good hand as I watched her come across the room toward me picking me up off the floor. 

"Mommmy .. Nala" I point towards the stuffed lion laying cold and lonely spot on the floor.  

"Sshhh you know you aren't suppose to be standing on your leg little one. You naughty baby girl.Mommy doesn't want you hurt "

3rd person POV

* Wiping the crocodile tears from Sophie's cheeks * Danielle picked up nala placing her into Sophie's arms and watches as the young girl snuggles it close.  Holding her tightly Danielle lays Sophie's head on her shoulder and gently rubs her back soothingly. *

Sophie  breathed in deep smelling Mommys perfume. She never thought she would enjoy this as much as she did . It's still was a weird thing sometimes but it was almost as if she  couldn't help it... it's like another part takes over me or something. Like she had  no control over my body or my mind.  Sophie thought while snuggling into Danielle.  She suddenly could feel kisses being pressed up agains her cheek then to her forehead. Giggling Sophie drool  kisses to  Danielle as pay back in the same places but also making sure to get her nose a couple times in the process. Laughing together you could see the sparkle in both of their eyes.

Ahem .. the sound cleared the laughter out of the room and Sophie could see the smile on her Mommy's face falter a little Danielle kisses Sophie's temple and then gently put her in the play pen. "You stay here pumpkin." And remember no standing. Kissing her again Danielle walked out of the room with Oliver following. 

Sophie watched as Oliver left giving her a look she couldn't understand. He had been so nice but then also so weird. She didn't know if she did something but whenever he was around her she could smell the strong odour of alcohol on his breath.
She could see that something wasn't right sometimes and it made her worried that maybe she over stayed her welcome and maybe she shouldn't be letting her mommy do this anymore. She was starting to love her mommy more and more and didn't understand.. maybe mommy felt the same way.. was she a burden?  She could feel her eyes water as she thought more and more about it. She snuggled in closet to nala and started to chew on her ear for comfort. She just wished she could understand people. She could feel her mind get deeper and deeper with every tear drop. Snuggling with nala she laid down in her play pen and closed her eyes a little hoping things would get better with Oliver.  She couldn't leave Danielle now ... she was just getting comfortable.