Chapter Twenty-Four

Danielle's POV ( current timeline )

It's time!  It's  finally time to take my little Sophie home !!! Danielle thought to herself.

She had barley been home since Sophie's arrival at the hospital and at the moment work was totally off the table because her main focus was and will always be Sophie. Even if Sophie wasn't aware of it yet.

Danielle has everything planned to a T. Sophie's room was finished and ready for her but she was planning on waiting to show her it once she was use to her new living situation. I mean she didn't want to totally scare her yet. The quiet snores in the back of the car brought a feeling of joy and warmth to Danielle. Soon soon it will be done and things will be better. Danielle took a quick little peak to the back seat and could see Sophie's nostrils fluttering softly. Her once badly bruised face was now a semi distant memory. Now all that's could be seen was the small specks of blue and yellow.

She looked so peaceful and comfortable. I turned back and looked out the ahead smiling to my self. I felt Oliver's hand caress my thigh. I placed my hand on his and just looked out the window while the excitement bubbled in my stomach.

Sophie's POV

I woke up to a car door shutting quietly. I could hear a muffled excitement out side of the car. I could feel the drowsiness course through my body it I fought it off. I laid in this seat with my eyes closed and thought about the last week and how it's changed. The fear I still have that it will all be crashing down.  I'm need to start acting big to show that I can handle myself Incase it all blows up. I my brain keeps repeating this in my mind. Don't get to comfortable Soph.

Suddenly I'm broken out of my thoughts by a set of dainty arms pulling me out of the seat. I kept my eyes closed not sure what to do as this was the first time I was thinking clearly in I don't know how long.

I could hear Danielle's heart beat and couldn't help but feel my self melt into her arms. The intoxicating smell of her perfume in my nose was starting to muddle my mind. Focus Sophie focus you got this come on you got this. I kept repeating.

I heard the sound of a door being opened and the sound  of something moving around in the back. I continued to keep my eyes closed.  I Could hear some whispers in the background and Oliver saying something about putting the a Rocinante outside
I didn't know what that was but I could only assume it was a pet of some sort.

Oliver I'm going to take her upstairs. Danielle said in an excited tone. I could feel the movement of her walking up the stairs.  Wow she's in good shape I thought to myself .. or I mean I could just be super light.  I felt a gentle kiss pressed to my temple as I continued to pretend I was sleeping. I could hear her humming a song as she climbed the stairs. I could feel the different in her body once we reached what I assumed was the second level. She walk a few steps and I could smell something very familiar but I couldn't really put my foot on it ...  it was a warm feeling like a mix of vanilla and something else.  Suddenly I could feel myself being laid down. I moved gently hoping that maybe I could open my eyes and maybe the awkward "I was a wake the entire time" wouldn't be awkward and maybe she would just laugh. I was about to move when I suddenly felt her at my waist. I could feel her gently removing what I assume was the cozy bottoms I was wearing... I felt something warm wipe against my butt I could feel my ears burning in embarrassment.. well I guess the thought of me waking up anytime soon is out the window. I smelt that familiar smell intensify and started to feel something being rubbed on my skin. Omg omg omg calm down Sophie .. I tried not to think about it I mean my teacher just took my pants off and is doing something to my private area while I pretend to be asleep.. ya cause that's not something to be freaking out about and to add the even worse part is that I'm enjoying it all. I feel hands on my legs lifting me off the comfy feeling thing. Suddenly my legs were put down gently but this time I could feel something warm under my butt. I could feel my lower half being completely covered now and I could head Danielle opening something and pressing it against my lower stomach. I the felt her lift me carefully and gently we walked some more and I was put onto another comfy spot. I could feel a blanket being put on my and felt her lips being pressed to my head again.

Sweet dreams my princess. Was whispered in my ear.

I heard her walk quietly out of the room and heard the door shut. I kept my eyes closed for what felt like a million years after I heard the door shut.

When I felt like the close was clear I opened my eyes quick and looked around at my surroundings I was in a light blue room on a bed with a .. bed rail ?? It looked like one of those things toddlers used. I could ssee around the room there was a dresser and some art on the wall. A typical guest room except at the foot of the bed there was some kind of pad that I assumed was what I was laying on just before she put to bed. I decide to check my lower half now. I pulled the covers over a little and what I seen made my jaw drop .. on my hips was a diaper.