Chapter Sixteen

As soon as I hear her voice and the sweet whispers I could feel my body calming down. It was almost like I wasn't even controlling it I just felt at ease. I didn't know where I was and things were a little fuzzy but I knew I should be terrified of what to expect I could feel the throbbing of what could possibly be pain running through my body but it was kinda numbed away from her voice and the way she was holding on to me. Originally she was holding me down to keep me from getting out of the bed but we are now in a almost snuggling position. I could feel my eyes getting tired again it's been about an hour since I woke up and was checked out by Dr Davis. I could feel her running her soft fingers through my hair trying to coax me to sleep more but I whispered no. I was worried ... no terrified that if I went to sleep this would just be another dream and that I would be alone again. Suddenly as if she read my mind Danielle started to speak breaking me out of my thoughts.
I promise little one this isn't a dream and I'm not leaving you ever again. I'm here and I promise I will keep you safe.
She then kissed the side of my head gently.
I could feel the tears sting the cuts on my cheeks I just laid my head on her chest and just sighed to myself I really hoped this was real life.

Danielle's POV

I was in heaven ...minus the fact that we were curled up in a hospital bed. This was a dream for me to actually be able to hold Sophie in my arms was everything I've ever wished for. She had finally fell asleep I could just tell from the worry in her puffy blue eyes that she was worried this was another nightmare. It broke my heart when she told me about her dream I hope I can fix it so that she never has to worry about an...

Ahem.. I heard a throat clear and I looked up to see Oliver standing there with an IPad  in his hand. I spoke to the police  and told them of the situation. I nodded but kept my lips sealed.  They can't do much right now with Sophie being in this current condition but once she stable they are gonna talk to her and get her statement. Umm I also talked to one of the social workers who I've work with in the past cases of child abuse.. I was able to set it up with her so that we could keep Sophie in our care until everything is cleared .. I guess it's a good thing I talked you doing the paper work to be a foster parent isn't it. Oliver said with a grin. Now this isn't me saying we have her for good but at least we have some time to figure out things for her and for us. If the birthday she put is correct she will be 18 soon, then it won't matter if she decides she does want to stay permanently with u....offfph

I quickly but gently removed my self from Sophie's grasp and tackled my husband in a hug and kissed him before he could get another word out.

You were right ! I will say it a million times if I have to you were right to get me to sign those papers. I say in a playful laugh as I wipe my tears.
——————————————————————————
(Danielle's thoughts)
I had originally been a little unsure if I wanted to become a foster parent but once we talked more about it, it just made sense to have incase there was a child in need of a temporary home. And I honestly couldn't be more happier right now. I am going to keep my promise to Sophie she is not going anywhere.
I give Oliver another hug then make my way back to Sophie. As I'm getting back on the bed I hear Oliver speak again.
——————————————————————————
Well I know I shouldn't even try to get you to come home but would it be ok to come back and at least bring you food and some clothes ?
I looked at Oliver and nodded my head .. I was a little shocked at his attitude change but I was happy he was realizing how much she means to me.
That would be great... I don't think I would be able to leave her to even use the restroom at this point. I replied back

He started to walk towards the door and looked back. Dani ?

I looked towards him giving him my full attention. Yes ?

Do you think she will be ok with the type of relationship yo.. we hope to gain ? Do you think she would want us as her Mommy and Daddy?

I bit my lip and thought for a second thinking back to how attached we have been to each other these past few years. I had this feeling in my bone that told me yes... well it actually Screamed YES.

I am Oliver .. I think it will be an interesting conversation but I think it will be good for her and for us. I think we would make a great family. I replied i decided not to mention the fact that I might not give Sophie the choice of declining it. I just got her and I'm not letting her go now I couldn't bare not having her in my life.

Oliver nods and says his goodbyes leaving me alone with my little one. God that's amazing to say. I kiss her head again and whisper in her ear. Mommy Loves you .

I sigh happily i just can't wait for the day I can say it and get a response back I really hope this works out and that I'm reading all the little signs correctly..

( not proof read )! I hope you all enjoy