Chapter Fourteen

Danielle's POV

"Today's lesson will be 50% of your final grade for this semester so please take this seriously ladies and gentlemen." I say as I continue to write
on the chalk board. I walk towards the front of the class and with a smile I continue my mini lecture of what I expect in the current project. I raise an eyebrow toward the students who I know aren't listening to a word I was saying.
Crossing my arms I clear my throat.
Ahem... You are all seniors now some of you will be wanting to go to post secondary and some of you might not but the fact of the matter is ........Rrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnggggggggg....... students start to stand.....stay seated. The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do. They all sit back down.  We will discuss the rest of this in tomorrow's class. You have 6 weeks to have this project completed. You may all head to your next class.
I look at my watch and realize I have about 5 minutes till my next class walking towards my desk I pick up my bag and take my cellphone out and check my voicemail. After punching in my password I wait for the robotic voice to finish its little schpeel of what buttons to press. Then finally get to my messages after skipping a few old ones I finally get to the one Oliver left me. Listening closely.

Oliver: Hey hun I know your in class but I really need you to call me back as soon as possible. Something happened and I honestly I..i..I don't know what to do. Just call me back ok Dan I.i.. love you

I pull my phone away from my ear and look at it in confusion.. so many things cross my mind   What happened? Is he hurt? Did something happen to someone? I dial his number quickly.

Ring...ring...ring...ring...

O: Danielle...
D: Oliver what's wrong ??? What happened ?? Are you ok??? I ask quickly cutting him off from saying anything after my name.

O:  yes yes I'm fine .. it's not me I was calling about .. Dani it's Sophie ... um she is um

I cut him off again

D: What do you mean Oliver ? What about Sophie ? Wha.. what happened Oliver ??  Oliver ????  I scream his name into the phone  hearing nothing but silence  Oliver Davis you better answer me right fucking now ! What happened to Sophie ?? What happened to my baby??

O: she was found last night... she was left in front of the emergency department beaten...

D: last night .. omg... but how ? She was.. we were just there and ... them .. I could feel anger rising the the pit of my stomach.. them! It had to be them. Wait a minute.. last night I think back.... he was there all night and I'm only finding this out now ??
Oliver .. I breath in deep.You said she was found last night. You not only stayed for overtime but also ended up sleeping in the on call rooms....Was she the reason.. the line went silent only the sound of his breathing.

O: I umm...mmm I d-did-didn't want to bother you with it Danni.. she came i-in bad shape and I just didn't have the heart to say anything until I.. we knew for sure that she would come out of it.

I stood there in show my mouth slightly ajar.
He didn't want to "bother me" is he fucking kidding me.
D: Are you kidding me oliv...

Just then I good see my next class walking in.

D: I will be seeing you shortly. I say coldly ending the call on my phone.

I walk toward the classroom phone calling the office to get a replacement teacher to watch the class. After about 5 minutes one of the subs we have on hand for short notice comes barreling into the room. I show her quickly what the lesson plan is for today then quickly rush out of the room with my coat and purse. I walk towards the office and talk with my boss telling him of a family emergency. After I get the ok to leave I rush out of the school and toward my SUV. I unlock it quickly and push start then drive out of the parking lot as safe as I can in the mind set I have at the moment. I go speeding down the road honestly not caring at this point if I get pulled over. I do obviously drive carefully enough not to hit anyone but my main concern right now is to get to my baby. I need to take care of her..she needs me. This will be the last time she is hurt by them. Nobody is ever going to hurt her again. As I drive i think of how heart breaking it must be for her right now being all alone. Nobody there. She must feel so deserted. My poor baby. I don't believe Oliver.. I can't... how could he think it was ok to treat her and not tell me about her condition.. and then to make some bullshit excuse.. oh that man ..when I get my hands on him he's gonna be wishing for a magic curse or something to make make his pain go away. un-fucking-believeable. I continue on the direction towards the hospital cursing but a storm and trying to get it all out before I enter the hospital band start world war 3.
  I finally arrive and search for parking. After I pay I go searching for my husband who will soon wish he was my ex husband because he is is about to get an ear full from me after I see my little princess. I go towards his office my heels clicking on the linoleum floor
I get to his office door and walk in see him on his computer typing I clear my throat and wait for him to look up at me.

(Not proofread)

Hey guys sorry for the mean prank .. I hope you enjoy!