Chapter Twenty-Two

Sophie's POV

Ok Sophie dear lets try to get you out of this bed and get you discharged. I heard Nurse say happily. I look up and smile towards her I was so excited to finally get out of this damn hospital bed.
I felt was slowly and gently lifted into the wheel chair . She quickly helped put my casted leg up and helped me get comfy. As she was putting the blanket on my lap I heard the clicking noise enter the room I looked up to see Danielle with the biggest smile on her face.

Are you ready to get out of here sweetheart? I just finished filling out your discharge papers and the warden * I giggled because I knew she was talking about Oliver* says your good to go but we need to remember your other injuries other then that broken arm and fractured leg.  I guess it's a good think we are bringing him home with us huh princess.

I giggle and nod while I snuggles Nala to my chest ". I was literally too excited to talk. It had been two weeks since I got Nala from Oliver and she literally hasn't left my side since. It's weird because I never really saw the appeal to stuffies.. I mean not that I'm an expert I've never really had one of my own. But I jut got this weird connection with her. I don't know how to explain it she just gets me. In the last two weeks Oliver and I have really bonded. He even comes in on his breaks to read to me. Danielle hasn't really left my side at all during my stay here. I feel so safe with both of them but now I can feel myself getting nervous with all the what if's. What if I'm to much to handle, What if they send me back to my parents or try to send away somewhere else . I could feel a little pain in my chest and I gripped nala tighter. Sophie ? Sophie baby are you ok. I could get the feminine voice speck to me. I looked up in my haze to see a pair of brown eyes looking into mine . I feel my self snap out of it and looking back to her with innocence.. mmhm nothing wrong jus nervous. I say softly.

Danielle gives a knowing look but doesn't push instead kisses my head. Ok love, I'm going to finish packing the rest of our stuff and we should be out in a jiffy.

I nodded and started playing with Nala's tail and started my wait. About 10 minutes later. All the bags were packed and I Oliver walked in wearing jeans and a hoodie. I started giggling because I really only ever seen him in suits or dress clothes.

What are you giggling at? He looked at me with a raised eye brow.

You in normal clothes makes you look weird. I whisper.

He puts his hand on his chest and gives a shocking look. Weird ? That is something I will remember little Miss! He said in a dramatic tone.

I roll my eyes a little and stick my tongue out at him as a response. A few minutes later a nurse comes in with a wheelchair and we are finally out of this popsicle stand. I felt Oliver lift me off the bed and into the chair. Soon after I felt a blanket on my lap and a soft hand gently rub my cheek.

Are you ready sweetheart? Danielle said sweetly.

I responded with a small nod and smile.and watched at the couple grabbed the bags. Once they were all ready the nurse pushed me out of the room and towards the elevators with the Davis's following suit.

I held on to Nala as I was pushed into the lobby and towards the main entrance doors. I people watched and seen all sorts of people walking around. I felt a little nervous with all the hustle and bustle. We finally got outside and Oliver left us to get his car. I looked up to see Danielle talking to the nurse. I looked away so's not to interrupt their conversation and decided to look around at my current view of the parking lot. I few second later a silver and black SUV pulled up in front of us and Oliver got out of the driver side. He opened the back and started putting the bags in the trunk area. After he was finished he closed it and walked toward us.

Are we ready ladies? I with a grin
Danielle said goodbye to the nurse and turned to me
Yes we are more then ready to get out of here. Danielle said while she ran her hand across the top of my head. Danielle walked to the back passenger door and opened it. I felt Oliver gently pick me up again. He slowly walked towards the open back door he slowly and gently sat me down into a seat. It felt weird not like a normal seat because I was up lot higher then I've ever been in a vehicle. That's when I realized I wasn't sitting in a normal backseat and that I was actually in a baby car seat. I opened my mouth in shock I dropped nala and looked at Danielle with concern.

Seeing my confusion and shock she quickly came to my aid. What's the matter sweetie??

W-why a-am I i-in Th-this s-seat. I asked in both confusion and nervousness.

Oh sweetie you're too little to be sitting in the big seat by yourself. We have to follow the rules and the rules say you don't weigh enough to not be in one. She said is a soft but firm voice.

Oh.. I respond quietly. I guess that makes sense o mean I did fit the car seat so if I fit it then I guess it's probably the best option for me.

Will you allow mo.. me to strap you in ? Danielle asked in a gentle tone of voice.

I nodded quickly and stayed quiet while she strapped me in. The awkward butterfly feeling rising in the pit of my stomach. I quickly realized nala wasn't in my grasp. I tried searching as I could but the 5 point harness was doing its job of keeping me in the chair. As if she read my mind Danielle quickly picked nala up from the floor board of the suv and put her into my arms. She gave me a soft kiss on my forehead and closed the back door to get into the passenger seat. Once they were ready Oliver put the vehicle in drive and we were on our way. I looked out the window and watched in awe. It was a weird feeling being able to see out of a car window because usually it never happens. I could feel my eyes get a little heavy and I decided that maybe closing them for a minute or two wouldn't hurt.